Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFR: Rocky Balboa, the movie.  (Read 11207 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: NFR: Rocky Balboa, the movie.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 02:28:34 PM »

Not a fan !  because he doesn't have a beard and a leather cap... ::)

;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 02:46:56 PM »

Put Carl Weathers , Mr. T, Dolph Lundgren, that idiot from rocky 5 and stallone all in a ring together and see who wins.  MR T guaranteed, and there would only be random shreds of trunks left of all the other guys.  HAHA And since when is stallone a good actor? Oh wait....since Cobra... ;D nono wait, Over the top!!! No, possibly it was Judge Dredd!  HAHAHA.  I laughed so hard when i watched the trailer for the new rocky...they had to digitally remove the sound of his hips clicking from the audio. 

This is just the latest in a string of crap remake cash grab hollywood stunts....whats next....Rambo 4: Pearl of the Cobra??? He should just do what all over the hill action stars do and just run for office.

I dont know but its not easy to get two thumbs up from Ebert & Roper. Guys can only dream of being in shape like he is at 60 years old. He is also smarter than most people give him credit for. He was raised being very poor. Wrote the original Rocky script himself and started his road to fame and millions of dollars.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 05:30:42 PM »

Put Carl Weathers , Mr. T, Dolph Lundgren, that idiot from rocky 5 and stallone all in a ring together and see who wins.  MR T guaranteed, and there would only be random shreds of trunks left of all the other guys.  HAHA And since when is stallone a good actor? Oh wait....since Cobra... ;D nono wait, Over the top!!! No, possibly it was Judge Dredd!  HAHAHA.  I laughed so hard when i watched the trailer for the new rocky...they had to digitally remove the sound of his hips clicking from the audio. 

This is just the latest in a string of crap remake cash grab hollywood stunts....whats next....Rambo 4: Pearl of the Cobra??? He should just do what all over the hill action stars do and just run for office.

I dont know but its not easy to get two thumbs up from Ebert & Roper. Guys can only dream of being in shape like he is at 60 years old. He is also smarter than most people give him credit for. He was raised being very poor. Wrote the original Rocky script himself and started his road to fame and millions of dollars.

Hahahah ya right...really difficult to get that coveted thumbs up...if I remember correctly, ANACONDA got two thumbs up! "Theres snakes out there dis big?"--Ice Cubes finest moment in cinematic history.  But seriously, if you have seen the trailers how can you not laugh at the prospect of it all and realize that this franchise had jumped the shark long ago.  And BS I actually do like stallone for that "dumb guy" charm he exudes..still, no need for this guy to be doing action movies...its like a cry for help  :'(

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 06:55:54 PM »

Well hes doing better than you hey Marmot? Its funny how people put these actors down when they don't even know them. I have met Sly three times in my life. Real nice guy. I guess after working in the movie industry and having my wife still working in the movie industry I just have a different perspective on actors and actresses. Sure they make millions but they are still human.

Marmot I guess you must be in phenomenal shape hey?  ::) When was the last time you got offered $10million to do a movie?  :P

Belong to the "4 F Club"

4x4

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 07:35:03 PM »

Well hes doing better than you hey Marmot? Its funny how people put these actors down when they don't even know them. I have met Sly three times in my life. Real nice guy. I guess after working in the movie industry and having my wife still working in the movie industry I just have a different perspective on actors and actresses. Sure they make millions but they are still human.

Marmot I guess you must be in phenomenal shape hey?  ::) When was the last time you got offered $10million to do a movie?  :P

I have also met SS.
The company I worked for in 1981/82 made some props for First Blood. During the time in 81 when Stallone was filming the movie he acquired a taste for our Cndn beer and started to get a gut. He started working out at the Astoria boxing club to get back into shape.
I was sparring with boxers and kick boxers at the time and got to know him a little bit. The company I worked for was right across the alley from the Astoria. SS and some of the other staff members  would come over to our office and we would order lunch and check out the props. We'd buy and the next time they'd buy.

Back then nice guy. Today I couldn't tell you. All you can do is make a decision by what you see and hear from TV, internet and magazines. He doesn't come across today like he did back then before the fame and fortune.
He sounds like a genetic throwback when he talks but he certainly is a smart guy.
He is also a little guy. I'm 5'11" and I towered over him.

Unfortunately, he looks like a roid monkey now and probably is.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 07:59:48 PM by 4x4 »

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 07:36:26 PM »

ROIDS!!  Saw him on Leno!  Does not look natural at all! What is this 30 years since the original!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 10:23:57 PM »

Don't start doing the "Jacko" thing to SS ;D Wonder if he fishes?
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 09:23:27 AM »

I am not a big fan Of the Rocky movies but I still have a lot of respect for someone that can stay in that shape at the age of sixty.. one question for you experts on human Kinetics out there ... why would you throw out the "ROIDS" remark because someone twice your'e age is in better shape than you ???? pretty serious words to throw around if you don't have proof!! I have been bodybuilding for a long time and I spend a big part of my life training and eating properly, it really pisses me off when people assume I am taking drugs just because I am in good shape  !!! a little bit of a rant , but this is a topic that gets to me !

and if you really knew anything about training and health you would realize that his body shows no signs of Drug use ! just a lot of hard work...

TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 10:09:18 AM »

Ya and back in the 80s none of those actors were doing roids either....I mean, COME ON!!

Being in good shape doesnt mean having muscle packed on you like a clydesdale...i mean, it might to you, but to the majority of the population it means regularly exercising, eating right, and not putting crap like cigs or booze in your body to the point of excess.  With that in mind I'm a very healthy guy.   I think its stupid that Im even asked that question....we're talking about the absurdity of a movie about a 60 yr old boxer making a comeback and people get all defensive about size....rather typical around here.

And BB Im sure he has lots more money than me and can bench more too (whoppeeee)....should that factor into whether i think hes a good actor or whether this movie is going to suck or not?  Really, I'd like the answer to that...I don't think I once said he wasn't a "successful" guy...in fact I even admitted to liking the dumb guy charm that he exudes (whether hes actually an intelligent guy or not).

Ya BigSteel....I enjoyed copland, very cool....

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 10:21:50 AM »

Ya and back in the 80s none of those actors were doing roids either....I mean, COME ON!!

Being in good shape doesnt mean having muscle packed on you like a clydesdale...i mean, it might to you, but to the majority of the population it means regularly exercising, eating right, and not putting crap like cigs or booze in your body to the point of excess.  With that in mind I'm a very healthy guy.   I think its stupid that Im even asked that question....we're talking about the absurdity of a movie about a 60 yr old boxer making a comeback and people get all defensive about size....rather typical around here.

And BB Im sure he has lots more money than me and can bench more too (whoppeeee)....should that factor into whether i think hes a good actor or whether this movie is going to suck or not?  Really, I'd like the answer to that...I don't think I once said he wasn't a "successful" guy...in fact I even admitted to liking the dumb guy charm that he exudes (whether hes actually an intelligent guy or not).

Ya BigSteel....I enjoyed copland, very cool....

so you have proof that these people were doing drugs? you saw them with you're own eyes? the accusations you make and things you assume are pretty heavy charges.. when one has no knoledge or proof one usually keeps their mouth closed
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:23:58 AM by thickrick »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 10:38:14 AM »

Dude, Schwarzenegger admitted openly....why you so defensive about the topic???  Im not accusing, its common knowledge that there was alot of steroid abuse among the bodybuilding, wrestling, and acting communities during the 80s when the harm it caused to the human body was unknown....there are enough people that have spoken out about it on documentaries and such that it is not all that crazy to assume that some actors (including the extremely extremely muscular ones) were using drugs to "improve" their physiques.  And youre telling me none of them did use drugs?  You'd better keep your own mouth closed unless you can prove that!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 11:01:16 AM by marmot »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 11:04:24 AM »

Dude, Schwarzenegger admitted openly....why you so defensive about the topic???  Im not accusing, its common knowledge that there was alot of steroid abuse among the bodybuilding, wrestling, and acting communities during the 80s when the harm it caused to the human body was unknown....there are enough people that have spoken out about it on documentaries and such that it is not all that crazy to assume that some actors (including the extremely extremely muscular ones) were using drugs to "improve" their physiques.  And youre telling me none of them did use drugs?  You'd better keep your own mouth shut unless you can prove that.
If you read my post you will understand why it upsets me, I bust my my friend to look like I look and it pisses me off when morons disregard everything and say it is all about the drugs.. the fact is that drugs have very little to do with how muscular or ripped you look. hard work proper diet and discipline is what it is all about.. the fact that you throw around the "Roids" word is disrespectful and takes away from all the hard work that is put into it.. you say it is not you're thing to look like this.. thats fine but why would you say such stupid comments? I am a personal trainer, and I have a degree in human kinetics, what is you're background that makes you an expert ?
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 11:15:46 AM »

Dude, Schwarzenegger admitted openly....

so does this mean that Stallone also did it? because another actor used?

And youre telling me none of them did use drugs?  You'd better keep your own mouth shut unless you can prove that.

usually the person making the accusation is the one that needs to bring proof , not the person defending a point !

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 11:56:14 AM »

Rick is absolutely correct. Most guys that use roids are doing so because they want a shortcut and dont want to do what it takes to get the size on naturally. You can still get the size on naturally without using roids its just ten times harder. Assuming someone uses roids without knowing what their diet and exercise routine is just shows what you know.

Yes it is common knowledge that allot of wrestlers use roids and others in the sports world but it does not mean that ALL use them. People that assume is what bothers people like Rick and myself. Sly has the money to hire the best trainers and nutritionists in the business ever think of that?

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2006, 03:10:44 PM »

"it really pisses me off when people assume I am taking drugs just because I am in good shape  !!! a little bit of a rant , but this is a topic that gets to me.."

YOu have to be over 5 foot to be in good shape pinky.. :D :D ;D

T.R.> >:(