Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFR: Rocky Balboa, the movie.  (Read 11145 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
NFR: Rocky Balboa, the movie.
« on: December 18, 2006, 06:13:48 PM »

Not quite sure what to think of this movie yet, but I do think that it would be worth a view.  We know that Sly is actually a good actor, so maybe this one will be a pleasent surprise.  Your thoughts?? :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: NFR: Rocky Balboa, the movie.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 07:15:18 PM »

I am dying to see it. I have the whole Rocky collection on DVD. Got two thumbs up by Ebert & Roper.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »

Boy he sure looks like an old fart. He must be getting low on funds to make an other one.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 07:57:24 PM »

Not a fan of the Rocky series.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 08:05:07 PM »

Boy he sure looks like an old fart. He must be getting low on funds to make an other one.

Not even close. He is richer than ever. I can only wish I look as good as he does at his age. Hes in great shape for being 60 years old

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809278368/photo/970418318

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 08:47:35 PM »

Yo Rocky!  I almost took a job down in L.A.  to translate Sylvestor Stallone movies into English.  Gotta love him.

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »

This movie is gonna be great , the rocky series was do for a new movie
crab cakes

Murkeywaters

• Life long angler, arrived in BC Nov 2005 from UK
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 12:24:29 AM »

I can't wait to see this!

I loved the Rocky movies and when I saw the trailer I was amazed! (I'd not heard there was a new one coming out)

Yeah fair play, he's somehow got in amazing shape for a guy his age, (I seem to remember a few pics in the press where he was looking quite shabby in years gone by).

But who cares, it's Rocky! It's just a great escape for us guys I think (my wife won't entertain the idea of sitting through it) - but I was brought up on this and just take it as it is and enjoy. Good quality macho BS with a big feel good factor - perfect for Xmas!

tight lines,

cheers,

Paul.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 01:20:38 AM »

Rocky is right, i'm watchin it! I was flippin through the channels and he was on WWE and he told K-FEd not to wrestle Cena! Cena's gonna kill him! ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 03:08:26 AM by Rodney »
Fish killer 101

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 08:57:40 AM »

Not a fan ! 

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

drift

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 09:28:30 AM »

Big fan also,can't wait! :)They've been playing the older ones on the dish this week,anyone been watching them too?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »

http://celebrities.netscape.com/story/2006/11/29/sylvester-stallone-rocky-balboa-born-again/

I think he's made peace with the maker.Next movie he dukes it out with Saint Peter.  ::)
Probably using a bigger shoe box to stand on now as well. I heard from an ardent fan that no one gets near him because he's short, and dosen't like people starring him down (those is fighting looks). I liked him in Cliffhanger though.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Nuggy

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 01:02:01 PM »

I thought the first couple of Rocky movies were good and I`ll probably watch the new movie on DVD..

None of his other movies compare to First Blood. His role of the ex-war vet drifter John Rambo was simply awesome and the scenery from Hope B.C and the surrounding areas always makes it entertaining to watch.

Cheers

Nuggy

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 01:45:46 PM »

Put Carl Weathers , Mr. T, Dolph Lundgren, that idiot from rocky 5 and stallone all in a ring together and see who wins.  MR T guaranteed, and there would only be random shreds of trunks left of all the other guys.  HAHA And since when is stallone a good actor? Oh wait....since Cobra... ;D nono wait, Over the top!!! No, possibly it was Judge Dredd!  HAHAHA.  I laughed so hard when i watched the trailer for the new rocky...they had to digitally remove the sound of his hips clicking from the audio. 

This is just the latest in a string of crap remake cash grab hollywood stunts....whats next....Rambo 4: Pearl of the Cobra??? He should just do what all over the hill action stars do and just run for office.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 01:56:58 PM »

Put Carl Weathers , Mr. T, Dolph Lundgren, that idiot from rocky 5 and stallone all in a ring together and see who wins.  MR T guaranteed, and there would only be random shreds of trunks left of all the other guys.  HAHA And since when is stallone a good actor? Oh wait....since Cobra... ;D nono wait, Over the top!!! No, possibly it was Judge Dredd!  HAHAHA.  I laughed so hard when i watched the trailer for the new rocky...they had to digitally remove the sound of his hips clicking from the audio. 

This is just the latest in a string of crap remake cash grab hollywood stunts....whats next....Rambo 4: Pearl of the Cobra??? He should just do what all over the hill action stars do and just run for office.
So you are a fan then??? ;D ;D

Btw, I thought he did an awesome job in Copland. :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!