Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Victoria Fishing ?  (Read 2398 times)

sassygrams

Victoria Fishing ?
« on: December 16, 2006, 02:34:36 PM »

Hi,

I am actually posting for a friend...  he is going to the island and would like to know where he might go fishing?  I really have no idea -he would be using a casting rod, no boat. 

If someone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thank you.
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: Victoria Fishing ?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 02:41:36 PM »

Hi,

I am actually posting for a friend...  he is going to the island and would like to know where he might go fishing?  I really have no idea -he would be using a casting rod, no boat. 

If someone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thank you.

If that is where you're going fishing..there's only ONE board you should go to... and that is this one...

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4831&whichpage=13

This website is CHOCK full of reports.. Sooke is on fire right now.and it's been good for quite a while...and it's quite accessible too!

Then there is this website as well.
http://www.fishingvictoria.com/

And the fishing report page which is absolutely outstanding...

http://www.fishingvictoria.com/reports.asp

Have fun fishing over there, take lots of pictures of the CHROME FAT CHUNKY feeders you're going to haul in..and be sure to post them!

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 04:28:25 PM »

I have fished the island and Vicotria quite a bit. Just tell me what kind of fishing you want to do. Better yet, if you want, just leave me a PM Sassy.

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:58:39 PM »

Been on the ISland a little over a year, love it over here, but keep running into the problem that I need to drive a bit of a distance, or need a boat to get some decent fishing done. If you have either one of these, phenominal fishing opertunities abound...

I believe there was a post in the report section on the Stamp that seemed to fishing quite well right now, although this was done by, it could be done by foot in some sections. Not sure what's in it right now, but the Nitinat is a beautiful river, and pleasure just to wade it's banks.

Another site you can check out is a tackle store over here, it's on Douglas street, their site is listed by FISHIN MAGICIAN, www.fishingvictoria.com stop by and ask some questions if you're able to.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 09:00:19 PM by Spudcote »
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

coho_killer

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »

If he's casting from shore tell him to try fishing ogdon pt/breakwater! just walk out on the wall and cast jigs spoons whatever it all works there! this is an awesome spot for fishing right now for the winter springs are everywhere! pm me for more details!

C.K.
Wild fish don't do drugs!

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »

I agree that break water is an awsmoe place to fsh at times. but wouldnt suggest jiggs or really heavy luers....kelp beds surround the peir all the time!
I found that for cod and what not, bottom fish it with whole or half herring. Gotten quite a few good sized ling cod outta there like that. Actually fishing with hali hook and whole large herring.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 03:16:15 AM »

Since shore fishing and groundfish have been brought up, please be aware that rockfish retention is currently closed in Areas 13 to 19, 28, 29 until further notice.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Species/fintable_e.htm