Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help Please!  (Read 1918 times)

Chuck23

Help Please!
« on: November 21, 2006, 04:03:58 PM »

Hey all!  I've been a member here for a little while - not too long - as I haven't really fished all that long.  I have been going out by myself on the Fraser and Vedder and have not been doing all that great.  Right now I am only equipped with a spinning outfit.  I am looking to find out if there are any good folks out there that are proficient at river fishing that would be able to go out with me sometime in the near future (I don't care where - I have a vehicle) and show me some rights and wrongs, spots to go ext. 

If there are any river guides that read this, I would be willing to pay for an educational trip but since I don't have a boat, I wouldn't want to charter one.

If there are any people out there that could be guides that aren't - well I'll buy you lunch! :)

I do not currently have waders and as I said, I only have a spinning set up.  It is heavy enough to handle Salmon.

Thanks for the consideration!  Feel free to pm me or respond here.

Cheers!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 04:20:07 PM »

Where do you live ? What type of fish are you targeting ?

Chuck23

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 04:29:12 PM »

Fish Assassin:  I live near Lougheed Mall and I am targetting anything that is silver and lives in a river.  I have specifically gone out for Coho and Chum this season.  I started too late for the Sockeye season.  I have 2 spinning set ups.  1 that is more for Salmon and 1 that is lighter - for trout.  I am pretty much up for any river in the lower mainland.

charles

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 05:20:30 PM »

I might be able to go squamish this sunday.  Maybe friday as well.  If you want to go, we can go together.  I am no expert though :)

Chuck23

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 02:24:56 PM »

Thanks to those of you that have responded so far.  Unfortunately it looks like this weekend may be a right off other than the possibility of going out on Saturday afternoon from 11:00am - 5ish.  Sunday is toast as its my nephew's 2nd birthday and my sister would kill me if I didn't show up!  Charles - I appreciate the offer, but I do really want to go with someone who knows the rivers around here very well - that being said, maybe we could go drop a line together some other time :)!

Still waiting - can anyone reccomend a guide?