Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder Nov. 1st  (Read 2575 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
vedder Nov. 1st
« on: November 01, 2006, 06:51:27 PM »

Well it's been a long while since I fished the chedder...For an assortment of reasons though I felt like heading up there ..Was in no hurry as it was freakin cold again, so stopped in at Reaction fly and chatted with the boys for a bit and had a Tim's....Got the scoop and possible hot spots and headed up river...It was WHITE up above tammy bridge...God, I love that...Ice on the sides of the river too...pretty and cool...

The fishing was as well...Man the smell is back and there are some serious boots swimming around...I saw the most jacks I've ever seen today and they were all dark and starting to mold...Was for some reason still an excellent day though...somehow the cold winter sky, the ice on the sides of the upper river, the leaves falling and covering the ground just made my day...Of course the fly rod was doing it's best but only managed three solid hits, all pretty dark jacks that still had some piss and vinegar left in them and put up some good fights before escapeing back to the depths...I was kind of wondering if fish this dark could be enticed to hit the fly but these guys all came up and hammered um....

Headed down and had lunch at the new old spot...thought they had breakfast all day but was told we couldn't have it ...settled for a buffalo burger which wasn't too bad either...excellent soup 2...then ended the day on the lower watching chum after dark chum splash past...I would hope the rain brings some fresh fish with it for you vedderits...Didn't see anything alive today that had anything close to silver on it....some dead ones did...or was it white????  :o...All in all not to bad of a way to spend a November day...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 06:55:16 PM by Xgolfman »

allwaysfishin

Re: vedder Nov. 1st
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 10:08:03 AM »

i hit up the chilliwack on tuesday, starting up around ranger. Strange how there seems to be very few coho swimming by as normally you can see them with the glasses from off the high bank. Had a fishless couple hours, shortfloating roe and blades. Cruised down river midway to the crossing and manages 2 reddish coho , both wild bucks, which succumbed to my roe. Moving on again i ended up in a sweet little trough on the lower canal, away from the crowds. Having the stretch to my self i began drifting blades and on 3rd cast hit into something shiny and strong.... a real nice coho... i thought... but upon tailing the fish i discovered a chrome sockeye  :o , about 8 lbs had inhaled my pink and silver colorado blade. Gently releasing this most likely cultus sockeye, I switched back to roe and continued fishing. Not long later my float dives and the hook is set on a good fish. Once the 10 minute battle is done, i have tailed myself a beauty 26 lbs (on the digi scale) bar silver with sea lice, white spring doe. One for the smoker  ;D and boys... the roe.... omfg.
so it's back to work for another 5 days and next week I think I'll wander up east harrison to a little flow i know......

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »

Sweeett!!!!
President Club S. C. & P.

coho_killer

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 10:16:15 AM »

good stuff guys! i was there lastweekend and hammered the coho all day but like many others on this report they were all red one keeper for the smoker was very little turned so i bonked it! i;'m headding up tomorrow morrning to try my same spot again but i here the snow has arived in the upper vedder can't wait to smell winter again then come the winter run steel!

Kevin
Wild fish don't do drugs!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 10:29:30 AM »

Was also out on the flow, Only Had an hour of fishing time. And towards the end of the day I managed a beautiful chrome 10-12 lb wild buck.
weeeeeeeeeow!

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 11:06:05 AM »

Was also out on the flow, Only Had an hour of fishing time. And towards the end of the day I managed a beautiful chrome 10-12 lb wild buck.

using roe?

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 01:59:43 PM »

Indian Ronny was using Roe all day, he mangaged I think three or four boots, I figured that with my 3 hits on my fly wasn't too bad..p.s. I.R. wanted me to post his mug shot from yesterday so here it is....

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:02:06 PM by Xgolfman »

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 08:13:37 AM »

all of u better be greatfull, the day i got grounded the heavens opened up and came down on us. Now my dad gets to go and won't take me. I just saved the salmon this year, i hope ur happy. Take my good luck too, cus i'm not gonna need it! i hope it continues for your's and the fishs' sakes!

Tight line people!
Fish killer 101