Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How are the rivers?  (Read 6259 times)

weizen

Re: How are the rivers?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 04:37:14 PM »

I don't know about webmaster! Rodney is the only one I know out of LOTS that I've met that actually go outside for something other than pizza and coke :)

Cheers,
Nicole

Now you know 2  ;)  Not all of us are about the pizza and coke...   :)

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 09:15:44 PM »

well brains might help, not me cus i'm already a genious! NOT! But i dont think grades in grade 10 matter, so i dont really want to try very hard!
Fish killer 101

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »

well brains might help, not me cus i'm already a genious! NOT! But i dont think grades in grade 10 matter, so i dont really want to try very hard!

You would be surprised. First off, there is the pass port to education scholarship. All you have to do is maintain honner role status from grades 9-12 and you get an easy $900. Then there is also the fact that everything that you learn in grades 11 and 12 is build upon what you're learning now. If you don't get a solid foundation now, you will struggle later on. I know I probably sound like your parents right now but take it from someone who has been there and done all that. I'm also not that much older than you so I'm not some windbag.
Actions speak louder than words.

OldTrout

• dino on a leash !!
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 09:35:48 PM »

work hard,,,, play harder

Keep up the schoolin and get a good job with good money, then think of all the nice toys you can get

Ally boat, jet motor, custom rod, etc etc

;D ;D

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 10:07:49 PM »

Old Trout and Biffchan have it bang on... Grade 10 is super important, and you build the habits you need to get the good marks you need in grade 11 and 12... Don't close those doors, cause when you move out, you might be stuck making 10 dollars an hour, and you need to be able to afford the gas money, insurance, and vehicle costs to actually get yourself fishing...

Believe me it's so important! As Biffchan said, we may not be telling you what you want to hear, but do everything you can to get good grades, and the hard work you put in will make your work life come that much easier.

Besides, you don't want to be watching me whip by you in my jet boat while you fish from shore do ya?

Maybe if you're good and you get all marks at least C+ on your next report card, I will take out and show you some spots...

;)
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 09:42:58 PM »

Don't say that.  I used G10 and 11 grade when applying for early admission.  G12 2nd and 3rd didn't matter that much as end of 1st G12 term I got my acceptance letter.