Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So Much Fun  (Read 1446 times)

sassygrams

So Much Fun
« on: October 23, 2006, 07:17:43 AM »

Well, I wanted to come here and say THANK YOU for the many fisherman, especially the group of friends with the 10 yr old boy (you'll know who you are) for all the help and advice on Sunday, Oct 22....  I so much appreciated it - oh, I did I forget to mention that I caught two fish  :o  I know, for you guys that is nothing - well, for me catching one is incredible so two was OH MY GOD. 

Just a few comments on what Rodney wrote:

Smile when other anglers approach you.  Mostly everyone did yesterday - really nice group of guys I was by
Greet other anglers when arriving at a new run and ask if you can fish even if you think that you leave enough distance between you and others.
Have tolerance and relax. People make mistakes, assist them when they do so.they were great - very helpful and considerate, even with my horrible casting
Share your fishing method, people can't learn if they don't know I am just learning and the advice is so much appreciated - I love fishing, would go all the time if I didn't have to work or have a family :)
Assist others landing a fish especially if it is foul hooked.
Pack a plastic bag or two, the river bank can always use some tidying I plan on taking a bag or two with me next weekend as I was disguested at the mess people leave behind

Thank you for having this forum - people like me learn a lot.  Next time I'll have a picture :)  See you next weekend as I am off again up there....  I had so much fun I might even take a day off - yippee
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: So Much Fun
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:24:37 AM »

Hey was that me?where you fishing alone?where you the first person at the hole in the morning?was the kid fishing from the big rock?

sassygrams

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 08:36:54 AM »

I was the one with the Rotweiller Dog - doing the really bad casting and tangled line:)  I will blame that on the store selling me a trout rod - and putting too much line on  :-\  That does me so much better than saying I was having a really bad day :)  Across the river was a husband and wife / or brother and sister ..... If that was you - Thanks.
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 06:13:58 PM »

Nope it was not us.