Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flurocarbon leaders  (Read 4665 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Flurocarbon leaders
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 09:34:38 PM »

I was in my local tackle shop this afternoon and the salesman I was talking to recommended the P line. $11.00 for 27 yards. Expensive.

fishfinder

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 10:58:55 PM »

I was in my local tackle shop this afternoon and the salesman I was talking to recommended the P line. $11.00 for 27 yards. Expensive.

It's a small price to pay if it gets you into a lot of fish. Since I started using fluoro I've been hooking 4 times as many coho as some of my friends who use mono.

sassyboy

• Mining for Chrome
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 08:10:37 AM »

Just want to say thanx to Fishfreak, I went with the P Line this week same 10lb test and it was rock solid not one break at the hook unlike maxima, even landed and released a 35lb spring doe. I am sold on it even though it is a little pricey.

I just have to mention I fished beside a good Rod on Saturday the guys name was Grant Peters and he was with his young son Justin, it was nice to fish beside an ethical fisherman who is teaching his son the proper way to fish and what is allowed and what is not. Made fishing very pleasureable.

Compleat_Angler

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 12:25:41 PM »

big time i landed the most fish ever  on seaguar 10lb fluro, now i got none left, went to maxima, 12 lbs broke fish off hated it didnt like the feel the thickness etc, so i went to p line 10lb fluro well see wed thurs fri how i do n how many fish i really hook then ill witness it again n post sum pics to show it really works. ::)

al-COHO-lic

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 01:03:25 PM »

i use P-Line CFX flourocarbon type line. It's the only leader i use now for both salmon and steelhead after having been a maxima ultragreen user for years.