Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One last question on short floating  (Read 6480 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: One last question on short floating
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 11:00:49 AM »

Ya but yours doesnt go down to often ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Be careful with remarks like that as he has most likely caught more fish than a number of people on this board, including winning the annual Boxing day Steelhead Derby, something that has escaped me for 30 years. Saying that however we must all remember that catching a large number of fish is not all that important in the whole scheme of things, as well remember the way we catch them is important, if they have not bitten your offering they do not count. ;D ;D ;D

Also when we all began our working career, get married, start raising a family the opportunities to get out fishing can become limited. You then have to wait for retirement like me so you can fish every day if you choose. ;D  ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 11:02:44 AM »

;D ;D Were just having fun, Catching fish is a bonus!, I just love being out on the water and casting my centerpin! Fish or no Fish, It is still a great day
weeeeeeeeeow!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 11:04:34 AM »

;D ;D Were just having fun, Catching fish is a bonus!, I just love being out on the water and casting my centerpin! Fish or no Fish, It is still a great day
So was I. ;D ;D ;D

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 11:06:01 AM »

Also when we all began our working career, get married, start raising a family the opportunities to get out fishing can become limited. You then have to wait for retirement like me so you can fish every day if you choose. ;D  ;D

I've only done one of those three, and that was soley to pay the rent and have money so I can go fishing :) The other two, well... I don't know, those two just don't seem worth it if I can't fish...

I did see one set of parents on the Bulkley one day, and they had a baby with them, and mom and dad would take turns watching the baby while the other one casted... Now that is teamwork!

:D
Nicole
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 11:08:52 AM by Nicole »
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 11:07:37 AM »

;D ;D I know, Thats the other good thing, forums like this can give you lots of information but also let you have fun!, I cant wait till I retire!, Hell I cant wait till I get my license!,
weeeeeeeeeow!

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 11:10:29 AM »

Roe Kid, don't rush that, you're going to dream of those care free days in a few years ;)

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 11:12:54 AM »

;D your proboly right, But more fishing time = Good  ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

frenchy

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 11:18:08 AM »

I did see one set of parents on the Bulkley one day, and they had a baby with them, and mom and dad would take turns watching the baby while the other one casted... Now that is teamwork!

Wow!!!

why does my wife do not want to fish???  :'(

I always feel a bit guilty when I go fishing while she stays at home with the baby...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 12:04:52 PM »

Wow!!!

why does my wife do not want to fish???  :'(

I always feel a bit guilty when I go fishing while she stays at home with the baby...

Me too, Frenchy im the same as you with the wife and baby at home alone
Before you know it you will have that baby out with you. I had mine out fishing with me when he was 3, thats why he is now such a good angler Roe Kid. ;D ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

;D Guess thats why im such a good angler ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 12:17:25 PM »

I don't feel guilty leaving the wife at home will I am out fishing, I just fell guilty when I leave for work and she is home with the son  ;D ;D ;D ;D . I just bought him his first level wind reel and can't wait for him to learn how to use it. I am filled with envy when I see people out there fishing with their son/daughter and wish it was me. Just like when searun is out with guppy. He has taught his son so much in the years and he now has days with multipul hook ups. Now that is priceless.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 01:32:20 PM »

I didn't fish back then, but did the same with my son and daughters with golf, the girls weren't into it..even though they were decent..My son, he's now 18 and a 2 handicap and we won state two years ago...I miss that time with him now that I'm on my hiatus...but he's starting to show an interest in fishing so that would be really cool to have him out with me...

I DON'T feel guilty leaving my wife at home...God, I work with her all day...fishing is my reprieve.. :D :D

Roe kid, ask Chris how fast time will pass...at your age it seemed to drag on forever..now I'm sitting here watching one kids graduate this year and wondering how the hell that happened..seemed like a snap of the fingers and I was getting him out of trouble in kindergarden...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:34:39 PM by Xgolfman »

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »

planning to retire is bad !!

planning to work with lots of holiday and not stressed urself over work == good
hardware == fish