Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First one back...Great Job today at the clean up, nice meeting you guys  (Read 7381 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: First one back...Great Job today at the clean up, nice meeting you guys
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 05:50:16 AM »

Well another very successful day to say the least and always a pleasure to meet to many members of this and other fishing forums. The photo's above tell the story of the event with maybe a record cleanup for the CVRCC BC Rivers day.

As usual so many people to thank that help pull of the day without a hitch but the real thanks has to go to the volunteers that give up a lovely Sunday to take hundred's of pounds of garbage off the Chilliwack Vedder River corridor. On behalf of the river she thanks you all. To those that threw it and dropped it there, shame on you, how can you sleep at night. Just before I head out for a morning fish, a couple of items of interest were:

Two fellows from Alberta were out fishing and saw the cleanup in progress and asked a volunteer what was going on. When they were told they dropped in to Thompson Park and gave two cheques to the CVRCC to the tune of $500 and $300. Said they were on a fishing trip and had no time to participate but certainly wanted to support our cleanup in some way. Lew recognized them in front of volunteers and we presented them with two Go Fish hats.

Don, Phil and I took the bottles and tins in right after the cleanup and in 45 minutes we had $89.40, thanks to all that took their time to pop them in the blue bags.

Special thanks to Daniel from DNE for the generous donations of bait boxes Rodney handed out.

Thats about it for now as I have to tie up some roe bags as only 45 minutes to the Maple Leaf Stealth is going to do some swimming.

Hope others will give us a report on the day. Once again thanks to all that took part in one way or another, it was certainly a very rewarding day in so many ways. ;D ;D ;D

rob.l

• Pick up your trash boys and girls!!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 08:16:49 AM »

It was great to meet a few of you. Chris and the gang did a great job putting on such a worthwhile event.
Big steel, I saw you, was about to say hi but I turned around and you were gone...fishing I guess ;) Maybe next time.
Thanks to all that made the day worthwhile.
Rob

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 10:14:59 AM »

good god, i heard about that site...and I thought we got hammered...I have never seen so much crap at one spot on the upper river...we filled one truck and bags in the back of my truck only...Seems like a lot more garbage this time...

I saw T.R.'s truck...I was sitting on my tailgate in the shade in the middle back ....I went out and looked for you guys but didn't see you...went up to one really big dude  but he turned out to be named Andy...oh well, next time...maybe you can spare some good luck...I'm bringing out the CP next time... ;)

A bunch of us were looking for you but didnt see any funny looking Americans around  ;) ;D

that's cause all i got is my old golf crap to wear...had a mizuno shirt and a bandon dunes vest...I think I did see you...I was trying to figure out where I saw those tats before...you had on a visor...sheeit..I should have come up and said hi...Kept thinking "I know that guy from somewhere"  Probably mis took me for someones lost grandpa looking for a course somewhere..

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 10:36:19 AM »

Well it sounds like another succesful clean. As the wife had to work and I had the kids we decided to head to alco park for the rivers day there. It was also very successful and the kids had a blast at the fish pond where they could fish for trout. My 5 year old got a beauty which we ate for dinner. The look on his face when he got to bring in his first fish ever was pricless. He had to show everyone his fish and during dinner he never let us forget that he caught dinner.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 12:17:34 PM »

Well I finally made it to my first clean up !!!  it was good to see everbody that made it out to help make a difference... I was very impressed to see how many non fishermen that were ther volunteering their time to clean up the area... all in all we had a good time ate some great BBG burgers and even got some great baitholders from DNE !!!!  ;D ;D ;D thx again to all those that make things like this happens... Chris it was great to see you again, and Rodney thx for the float  ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 02:10:38 PM »

Remembering Xgolfman voicing interest several times in the bonkers, I snagged one. Judging by how he perked up from staring glumly at his soon to be confirmed loser ticket and keenly rubbed his hands together as I presented him with the bonker, I made a good choice.    I hope you get good use from it! If I kept it, I would have just got a sore back sooner as my vest is heavy enough as it is.

:D :D :-[   I was that obvious huh??? Thanks again!!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 02:14:13 PM »

I wanted one of those bonkers, they were small enough to fit anywhere and also had a clip to attach it. Anyone know where these are sold?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »

I wanted one of those bonkers, they were small enough to fit anywhere and also had a clip to attach it. Anyone know where these are sold?

guy hand makes um...I was thinking anyone with a shop could put out a crap load cheap and they are nice too...aluminum i believe so not super heavy either...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 04:22:45 PM »

Any pictures ?

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 05:58:23 PM »

2:40, wheres the pic of the snaggers special i found? ;D ;D

CM..unfortunately someone took the bag before i could get to it!! :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 08:51:46 PM by DaN ThE MaN »

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 08:19:21 PM »

2:40, wheres the pic of the snaggers special i found? ;D ;D

CM..unfortunately some took the bag before i could get to it!! :P

Here you go!! Good find!

I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 03:46:13 PM »

way to go everyone sounds like another awsome job done
i managed to make it down to our local river and spend a few
hours with a friend of mine whos fairly new to fishing
and we cleaned up quite a stretch, maybe next year he will
have the stomach for what we find on the vedder
he thaught what we found on the allouette was bad  :D :D :D