Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any seasoned runners in here??  (Read 2424 times)

Nina

• Administrator
Any seasoned runners in here??
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »

I just started running and I really enjoy it. Only thing is I seem to get a stomach ache very easily while running; not always, but often. I assume it is my eating habits. How long should one wait before running after eating? I try to wait at least 2 hours, and I have some really nice running shoes also, so that shouldn't be the problem. I don't pressure myself while running either. I should also say that I only run twice a week and 5 km per trip.  ::)

Any advice to a newbie runner?  :)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Any seasoned runners in here??
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 09:33:38 AM »

I'm a fairly seasoned runner and I find that short of eating immediatly before my run nothing gives me cramps like dehydration. A meal 2 hours before a run should be more than ample. Just make sure you are drinking lots before, during and after your run.
Actions speak louder than words.

small_fish

• Hi!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 05:48:11 PM »

I'm on the cross-country team.. If you have a small meal 30 minute wait, big meal 1 and a half hour.
Try to eat lots of fruits before your run makes you not have cramps and not dehoydrate, And most important dont push yourself when you start getting cramps slow it down and rub where you cramp is.
DRINK WATER!!! I usually don't but i know i should, I just drink alot of water after not before or in the middle.
It is the best to have water at all times tho

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:41:12 PM »

I'm on the cross-country team.. If you have a small meal 30 minute wait, big meal 1 and a half hour.
Try to eat lots of fruits before your run makes you not have cramps and not dehoydrate, And most important dont push yourself when you start getting cramps slow it down and rub where you cramp is.
DRINK WATER!!! I usually don't but i know i should, I just drink alot of water after not before or in the middle.
It is the best to have water at all times tho

there you go 59 posts in and he is already giving back to the members of this site, welcome small fish you will be a seasoned fisherman in no time :)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!