Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cleaning Up The Mess  (Read 7770 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Cleaning Up The Mess
« on: August 29, 2006, 09:26:47 PM »

Now we know that the sockeye close one hour after sunset on the 6th how many would be able to do some cleanup on some sockeye bars that we had been talking about. I thought we could try for the 9th and the 10th. I thought we would start around 10 am on the 9th and around 12 on the 10th.

Peg would be a good starting point for the Saturday. Please post here if you are able or interested in taking part as well as the date that works for you. I will provide the picker uppers and garbage bags.

Will post all info here as the date becomes closer.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 11:34:26 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Cleaning Up The Mess
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 11:33:31 PM »

Thanks Nuggy for the first reponse and the bump. I am looking at a week Saturday (Sept.9) starting at 10 at Peg. Not sure about bar fishing there but I know fisherforever has a hot spot around there somewhere. ;D ;D Maybe he will guide us to it?

Bring your bar rod along and maybe we can end the cleanup with some fishing in the area. Anyone else in?

May go also on Sunday if there is a positive response for that day as well. Will pick a spot if we get some people interested. It would have to be around 12:30 that day. Will confirm later with more info.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 11:56:48 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 11:35:38 AM »

I`ll be at Peg Leg Saturday Sept. 9 at 10 am. I can bring a boat or help someone with a ride from Vancouver area. I`ll be away for the next few days, leave me an email if you need a ride.
Thanks Nuggy. ;D ;D

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 03:37:11 PM »

I wont be able to make the 9th, but will make the 10th to hit areas that were missed on the 9th. Im sure one could spend all day on Peg Leg winding up all the line so I wont be scared Im going to miss out on picking something up.  ;D

I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 06:40:12 PM »

the big yellow truck will be present and full of garbage and betties
hope to see lots of the sockeye anglers there :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 07:10:54 PM »

Thanks fisherforever and leadbelly. See you a week tomorrow. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 05:46:47 PM »

As I will be on the Island for a brief fishing trip at Bamfield and then going to look at the repair work that is going on at the Stoltz Slide on the Cowichan River I will not be able to bump this thread up while I am away.

At this time we have a few volunteers that will be meeting at Peg next Saturday at 10 am to deal with the aftermath of the 1 month of many careless people on this bar. We of course will welcome more volunteers.

For those that can not come Saturday we are planning another one for Sunday as well, starting at 12 noon. I will post Saturday evening or Sunday morning the location where we will be going for day 2. For those interested check on this thread then, for an update.

Thanks to all the great people that have and will be volunteering their time next weekend to help make up for so many that seem to just take from our Fraser River and give nothing in return.

However saying that, I send our thanks also to many on these board that have been cleaning up line and garbage in the areas they have been at this year, your work as not gone unnoticed.

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »

Hi Chris: I will try and get out there on Saturday morning to help out for a couple of hours. See you there.

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 07:46:33 PM »

the canoe man will be there horns and all lol
bar rod and all but no roe  ;)
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 07:49:09 PM »

Is anyone going on Sunday still!! :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 09:30:39 PM »

Just got back from Vancouver Island, that is the reason Dave for the response now. Yes we plan on going somewhere Sunday at 12 noon. I will post after Saturday's cleanup where we will meet. Others that may come Sunday please let us know on this thread.

Thanks,

Chris

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 09:34:45 PM »

Just got back from Vancouver Island, that is the reason Dave for the response now. Yes we plan on going somewhere Sunday at 12 noon. I will post after Saturday's cleanup where we will meet. Others that may come Sunday please let us know on this thread.

Thanks,

Chris
Can I fish as well, Searun might be able to make it as well, and we were hoping that we could Barfish while we were at it! ;D  Could we clean up near a barfishing spot?  Perhaps Canuck Bar would need a cleaning? ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 09:58:27 PM »

Thanks,

Chris
Can I fish as well, Searun might be able to make it as well, and we were hoping that we could Barfish while we were at it! ;D  Could we clean up near a barfishing spot?  Perhaps Canuck Bar would need a cleaning? ;D ;D
Yes that might work, maybe Grassy Bar could need a face lift as well. I will discuss with our volunteers Saturday for some input from them. Will post after Saturday's cleanup and will post. Thanks for the suggestion and offering to help out.

Chris

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 10:00:51 PM »

Thanks Chris.  It is the least we could do. ;)  See you guys on Sunday. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 07:31:16 PM »

Thanks Chris.  It is the least we could do. ;)  See you guys on Sunday. :)
Thanks BS. I will start a new thread tomorrow evening re details for Sunday.