Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: #3 on the tag Fraser River August 3rd  (Read 1392 times)

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
#3 on the tag Fraser River August 3rd
« on: August 03, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »

during my shift i got a phone call at about 11pm from the bro asking me hey did you hear that the socs are open,my reply was ring the gong not interested in going, after about 15Min's of continplating and convincing not only by the one bro but the other as well to try my luck at spring #3 since I've beening losing them lately ::)  i said what the hell lets go.So we arrived at  the river at 4:30am and there were only 2 other guys there i set up and for the first half an hour i was feeding the river of all my gear  :P i finally get to the point where i was ready to leave cause almost out of gear and no sleep when i did the ump teen cast my rod takes a sever dive towards the water first thought was dame snag but then all of a sudden  it was on  :o the bro looks at me and says you've got fish the other is now couching me on the take in by this time the adrenaline was flowing and I'm thinking take your time don't lose it so i go for a walk and after about 10-Min's i pull in a chrome 18lbs red  ;D.Took a rest for about hour kinda dazing off in the chair when bro yells fish on i open my eyes and what do i see a fish doing some wild acrobats so i sit there  and watch as he pulls in his first soc of the season then bro #2 does the same thing, after about 10-15 Min's goes by and a double header happens and they limit out so i thought what the hell i just give it a try, first cast and i have fish on a couple of Min's later i pull my first soc of the season about an 6lber  ;D i was ready to leave at this point when bro has another one on he hands me his rod what do you know another 6-8 lber now we packed up and where're outta there and just in time to as the crowds were coming in.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:28:51 PM by Rodney »

DAWGMAN

Re: #3 on the tag
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 02:17:31 PM »

good report. were you fishing by boat or did you walk in