Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost my Sage 4120 today! Reward offered to finder  (Read 3106 times)

milo

• Old Timer
Lost my Sage 4120 today! Reward offered to finder
« on: August 05, 2006, 09:18:44 PM »

Today after a good day of fishing on the Fraser, I was shocked to discover that my Sage 4120 was missing from the boat when Rexi dropped me off at my place.  :(

It is a Sage 12' Sage 4120B with my name on it. It was in a camo sock. It must have flown off the boat on Hwy 1 because I packed it in along with all my other gear.

If someone reading this has found it or hears about a Sage rod found anywhere between Agassi and Vancouver, please get in touch with me. I will reward the finder in cash and fishing gear.

Thanks in advance.

Milo (very sad tonight  :( )

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Lost my Sage 4120 today! Reward offered to finder
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 09:23:03 PM »

:-XSorry to hear that. We had a similer accident. Tailgate fell open on a rough road with all out gear in the back and we didnt notice till we had driven 2 hours. Luckily only lost a cooler could have been worse :-\

Chrome Mykiss

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 11:57:52 PM »

I don't know if this will help your search, but I did see an object that may have been a rod in a cloth bag on the left side of the Hwy 1 going west bound just past the Abbotsford auto mall at Mt. Lehman exit. My buddy thought it was an awning off a RV, but it was hard to tell since I was travelling at Hwy speeds  :-\ This was around noon today.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 07:53:20 PM »

Thanks, CM, but that couldn't have been my rod. This happened late yesterday afternoon and we were driving west.
I am afraid that if it was blown off the boat on the highway it was probably crushed by oncoming traffic. Anyway, I still hope that someone found it undamaged and will manage to track me down.
If not...well...leave and learn. :(

Cheers, Milo

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 10:58:55 PM »

This has nothing to do with your rod, but once my dad bought an expensive piece of carpet ($300) and was driving on the highway with his truck.. the carpet fell out... a woman gave him a motion that it did and he saw it... he ran back to get it.. and right infront of his eyes a guy with a convortable throws it in his car and drives away... my dad yelled at him and stood there shocked =(( losing crap on highways is pretty bad.. But maybe a decent man picked it up and is willing to return it! good luck !!

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 08:56:20 AM »

Too bad for Milo. We had a great time this day on the river together. Who knows, there are good people on this Earth and Milo's good karma just might return it. Year ago my native friend told me he  grabbed a 10hp motor with his net from bottom of the Fraser.To my
surprise I found the post(on this very forum) of the guy whose relative lost it and it was happily returned to original owner.

SeanM

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 11:19:54 AM »

Well that sucks Milo.
Hope you get lucky and it turns up somewhere.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 11:25:49 AM »

Very sorry to hear of your loss.  I've not experienced quite the same level of frustration - but I did break a Sage fly rod once and I felt so depressed.  But after three weeks and 50 bucks later, I had a new tip and was good to go again!  Too bad the warranty doesn't cover loss of the rod itself!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 01:17:53 PM »

I know it doesn't cover lost rods but even if it is run over by a car their warranty still covers it. So let's all hope that it is returned in any condition.  :'( :'(

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 09:32:01 PM »

ttt  :(

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »

One last bump before I leave for the old country for a month.

I am very much looking forward to spending four weeks fishing with my son and my Dad.
I wish you all many many happy outings. See you in a month.

Cheers, Milo