Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Didn't have a lot of time so I hit the Vedder!!  (Read 5311 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Didn't have a lot of time so I hit the Vedder!!
« on: July 29, 2006, 10:48:36 AM »

The other night, I was thinking that I miss fishing on Saturdays.  SO I figured that I would make it out to the Vedder for a short trip.  Turns out that we actually had a mini fishin!!  Roeman, Roekid, Fish Freak, Fishinaddict, Merc and Myself wound up being there.  I of course was late, bloody alarm clock has been giving me some problems ???  Anyhow, it was still kinda dark, no one had hit anything yet.  I waited around for a bit to get the feel for the run again.  It had been a while.  After a bit, I sqeezed in beside Fish Freak and started making a couple of casts to find bottom.  BTW, It was a beautiful cool morning out.  Kind of reminded me of Coho season. So not to long after that, I was about to reel in and felt a tap, the rod is rasied and what do you know, fish on!!!  It was a Spring, about 15-17 lbs, and after about 5 min we were able to see that it was a bit more colored up then I would have liked.  So off she went!!  I sit back for a bit, shoot the....  for a bit.  Roeman and Roekid, come back from up river with nothing to report as of yet.  The Roeman settles in a bit down from us, and before you know it, He is into a decent fish to the dismay of his lttle Bro!! ;D ;D  Well, that red comes in, and gets hit on the head with a big rock!!! :o :D  So, back to fishing I go, had only a couple of hrs left before I had to book it to the North Shore to work.!!  I was working a certain part of the seem, but that hadn't produced anything for a bit, so I thru a glob of roe to the heavy water in the middle, and let it drift into some slightly slacker water.  BAM!!! :o  Strong take, the kind that makes you set the hook out of reaction, and fish on again!!  This time much stronger headshakes and a reall nice run to start off!! ;D  So I make my way down river a bit, this thing does not want to come anywhere near shore, but we do see it, the fish is in really good shape with a lot of chrome showing on the sides.  After another 10-15 min of a back and forth tug o war, she finally comes in for Merc and the Roeman to tag team it.  20lb Red doe.  Funny thing, this one gets hit in the head with a rock as well!! ;D
 As I am headed back up river with the fish, I hear, "Don't you dare come back up here Dave"!!!  I guess the Freak was a bit touchy!! ;D ;D  I feel bad, (not really), so I give Anthony some roe, and within a few casts he is into one as well, but not for long!!! ??? ;D  Merc was into a couple as well, but off quick.  I won't say if the Roekid got anything!!! :o ;D ;D
  All in all, it was a great quick morning out on the Vedder, and the rest of the bunch are still at it, so perhaps we will hear of some more succes from the boys later!!  Thanks to all the Guys out, It was great fishing with all of you again!!
  Merc has the pics, so they will come a bit later!! ;) :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 11:47:13 AM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Didn't have a lot of time so I hit the Vedder!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 11:29:23 AM »

its good to be back posting ;D, heres my report, the alarm went off at 2:45 and off we went around 3:05, got to our spot around 4:20 only to find lots of people there not fishing but standing anciously in there spot waiting for light, so we decided to take a hike and explore, 35 mins later we arrive back at our spot to find fishfreak, merc, bigsteel, and fishinaddict settled in ,however manage to sqeak in up top :P , after talking to bigsteel for a little bit I look over to find roeman battleing one, I go over to help, however right when i arrive the fish pops the hook, It was not long after till he was into another, ended up landing and bonking that one, an hour passed by and it seems everyone is catching fish eccept me and fishfreak ;D ;D, not for long though, My balsa wood float shoots under and i set back into a beautiful chrome 8-9lb spring, after a short but fun battle the beauty slides into the rocks where roeman tails it.  So That means a spring for me and I can post Yahoooo, I found the reason why I have not caught any my last 2 trips, I was not wearing my lucky racoon hat ;D ;D ;), we then packed er in and headed home.BTW it was nice fishing you guys. I also feel sorry for fishfreak  ;D ;D ;D looked pretty depressed sitting down and casting ??? ;D ;D Heres a few pics

this one is for trout slayer ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 11:32:57 AM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 11:38:22 AM »

HAHAHAHAHHA sandles and a racoon hat sweet fishing combo and nice fish.

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 11:40:26 AM »

It was nice being out there and fishing with all of you.  It was also nice to be out of there at 8:00am to be back in bed for a nap. ;)
I like ROE

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 11:49:40 AM »

Nice Hat Danny! ;D ;D ;D

Pat AV

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 11:51:32 AM »

Those springs look pretty bright for upriver fish. The smaller one looks prime, great eating size.
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »

Wow Danny, holding that Fish out like that made it look at least 8-9 lbs!!  Pretty good concidering it was about 2-2.5 lbs!!!! ;D ;D ;D

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 11:58:24 AM »

not even 2lbs ;D
I like ROE

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 11:59:52 AM »

AHH wats wrong, did the chromeness of my fish make you jealous :o ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 12:03:06 PM »

No comment!!!   ;D ;D  Just you wait until I docter up my pics!!! ;D ;D

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 12:18:58 PM »

what did I tell you danny ;) nice fish man, i expecially like the pic fortrout slayer ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 12:45:11 PM »

Here are a couple of other pics from the day!!! ;D

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 06:56:36 PM by Big Steel »

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 01:22:13 PM »

Just talked to FishFreak!!  He didn't get anything!!  ???  I guess that's why he is keeping quiet!! ;D ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 01:29:07 PM »

Where did you happen to pick up that bag of Beauty roe??  At least you know it works!! ;) :)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 01:29:48 PM »

Can you believe this BIGSTEEL guy , I hook this Fish, the fight was on for about 15 minutes then this guy has the nerve to land it for me and take a hero shot with my fish, he thought it was pretty funny look at the smile on his face

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D