Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bar Fishing without a boat  (Read 2400 times)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Bar Fishing without a boat
« on: July 29, 2006, 01:10:42 AM »

Im just curious if there is any good places to bar fish in the Chilliwack area without having to use a boat to get to. Of course you would think that you could fish anywhere along the river, but from what I have heard the fish tend to travel in the same path, and the speed and depth of the water is a big facter when finding a place to bar fish. But this is only what I have heard, so if anyone knows of any good spots, or can give me some advice of which type of water to fish when looking for a spot that would be very helpful, thanks BF.
The Bigger The Better!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Bar Fishing without a boat
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 10:02:11 AM »

If I where you I would go and try Seabird Island just east of agasiz. The top of the bar right now is usually not fished by the bb's. There is a deep slot off of the bank. The springs there like to travel just on the inside of the current where the hole is and you do not have to cast out that far. But once the sox's open that entire area usually gets filled up with the bb's especially on the weekend. Then you may want to fish mid week first thing in the morning. I hope this helps.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 10:42:50 AM »

BigFisher try Ballam Road area too.

Good luck!
I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »

could someone give me directions to seabird and ballam road please? I am also one of those who like to fish but don't have a boat .

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 07:15:26 PM »

Ballam road.gps co-ordinates 49degrees 12.49/ 121 degrees 55.67 . go to island 22 but insted of turning off of young rd continue north to Tower rd then right(east) onto Brinx rd to Mcdonald rd. Turn left(north) onto Mcdonald rd and follow to the end. Turn right(east) onto Ballam rd (gravel road), and follow 1km to the large bar on the left. Sea Bird island is on #7 hwy just east of agasiz about 1 to 2 km past seabird island cafe.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day