Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sockeye Opening Update  (Read 2022 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Sockeye Opening Update
« on: July 26, 2006, 08:09:38 AM »

I was informed last night that during a conference call last night no recreational sockeye opening in the near future on the Fraser River.

The next conference call will not be until next Tuesday that may set a date. There is a slim chance another conference call will take place Friday to see how the Early Summer migration is going.

I stick to my earlier prediction the opening will not take place until the August long weekend.

As you most know the First Nations fishing for sockeye started yesterday with set nets and two 12 hour openings for drift nets are scheduled for the area from Mission to Sawmill Creek. These are from 7:00 to 19:00 hours on Friday and Saturday. As well 48 hour drift net openings below the Port Mann Bridge as wll, from 12:00 hours Friday to !2:00 hours Sunday.

With all these nets in the water when running the river in your boats watch for drifting nets throughout these areas at the times mentioned. Also give the right a way to nets coming by the bars you may be fishing as we certainly do not want any serious confrontations or incidents.

This year things have been very good on the river I feel and the hope by all concerned it will stay that way and we all respect our fellow anglers as well.

Good fishing.

mikethesportsfisher

Re: Sockeye Opening Update
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:45:30 PM »

Thanks for the update Chris!

Mike <"))))))><

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 04:06:11 PM »

So is spring fishing this weekend going to be a wash?

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »

with all the nets in the water I could see that happening !!!!  >:( >:(  lets hope not

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 04:37:50 PM »

I think it should be worth a try as test fishing at Albion has caught 212 springs the last 4 days, a good number.

I have found in the past FN set net fishing usually does not effect fishing as much as one would think when a good run is on but now with drift netting going on more than ever before that could change my statement. That is why we are going out tommorrow. ;D ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 04:39:23 PM »

well Chris good luck tommorrow and be sure to let us working class people know how you do  ;D ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!