Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bar fishing spinn glo's new color's  (Read 3377 times)

rln

• I'm a llama!
bar fishing spinn glo's new color's
« on: July 05, 2006, 09:52:59 AM »

I know the green head and red head spin n glo's are the most popular , but there is now arriving in tackle stores today or tomorrow at the latest, 6 new colors of spin n glo's that have either chartreuse mylar wings or pink mylar wings. There is nickel plate chartreuse head with chartreuse mylar wings and it does look pretty cool. Tackle shops receiving these new spin n glo's include Berry's Bait, Chilliwack Dart & Tackle, Fred's Custom tackle and Hub's Sorts. Just thought the bar fisher's would be interested.

drift

Re: bar fishing spinn glo's new color's
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:01:47 AM »

Wouldn't mind having a look at these. :)

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 10:04:52 AM »

Berry's Bait will have then late today and the complete selection of color's. The other stores will have what they think will catch fish, just not all the colors.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:21:03 AM »

I'll check today to see if my shop will be able to order them too. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:51:49 AM »

Not wanting to effect sales on new glows as I like buying new colors as well as the next guy, even if they never leave the tackle box. ??? The question, do colors really make a different? The next question and lets have some input here, why do fish bite a spinning glow? Is it the colour, sound, action, are they  just annoyed at this object in front of their nose or as "The Master" says the fish is just is inquisitive and just wants to check it out.

I know an angler who has a glow named "Charlie" ;D ;D (Almost as bad as calling a float a Maple Leaf Drennan  ;D ;D) and he has caught so many fish on it I hardly recognized it as a glow when I saw it on Monday and it is still catching fish. :o ???

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 11:03:12 AM »

I also wonder how much difference color will make, but why does every one use nickel plate with a green or red top when the fish most likely can not see the top of the 'glo until is is past the lure even in clear water? Most likely it is the vibration and noise that the glo makes that causess the fish to react, but you never know until you try different colors.

drift

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 11:13:57 AM »

It's because we all want a colourful tacklebox full of spin'in'glows that don't work. :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 07:51:03 PM »

I think it just pisses the fish off and the fish are also probly curious. The reason why everyone buys so many is because a tackle box full of different glows looks really cool.
;D ;D ;D

drift

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 10:07:59 AM »

I read an article by Vic from STS GUIDING that the spin and glo causes vibration in the water that annoy the fish, and there are 2 types of material used to make the wings, cant remember wich one it is but one type makes more action in the water, he also said that use a single hole punch , punch a circle out of one of the wings this casues the spin and glo to spin differently and casue it to be off centered and makes even more of a vibrating and different movement, also he said to drill the hole bigger through the center of the spin and glo where the line goes through and that makes it off centered as well, not sure if anyone has tried this but i think im going to this weekend  ???

Think I'm gonna try the drilling,might work. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 02:48:20 PM »

I picked up some of the new ones yesterday
I hope you try them tomorrow them against my silver with the red top.  ;D ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 03:51:42 PM »

I picked up some of the new ones yesterday
I hope you try them tomorrow them against my silver with the red top.  ;D ;D

You are using the red??  That is the one that I tied up as well!!  So I guess that means that I am on your team and Fish Freak is on his own!!! ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!