Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jones Lake?  (Read 5314 times)

Hiker

• I'm a good llama!
Jones Lake?
« on: July 04, 2004, 11:19:18 PM »

I think there is few people who do head out to Jones Lake from time to time from this forum. Could you let me know about access to it?

BC Hydro page say that you need 4X4.

How is for the fishing from the shore, or do you really need a boat? Is there a trail going around the lake or is it a bush walking?

All help would be really appreciated, thanks  8)

otto

Re:Jones Lake?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 11:22:37 PM »

you don't need a 4x4 for the Jones Lake access road. if you have a small pickup truck, 2wd or otherwise, your fine. i often drive that road in my mazda b2200 2wd with zero problems.

Hiker

• I'm a good llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 11:43:22 PM »

Thanks Oto.

How about shore access to do some fishing at this lake? Is it OK? Anybody?

Rosco P. COHOtrane

• The rivers are calling and I must go...
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 12:49:11 AM »

After an unsuccessful morning at a nearby Fraser sandbar, I checked out the lake for the first time a few weeks back with SC. It took us approximately 25 minutes to get to the main rec area from the hwy exit.
There is a creek at the main area and SC tried fishing the mouth to no avail. To get further from shore, SC fished from a log that jetted into the water until the log rolled and SC fell in. We didn't explore the area much and stayed near the main area where it was shallow near the shore. There was lots of debris in the water near shore and it was difficult to keep your spinner from bringing in debris.
I wish I had brought my little boat that day. Apparently the road is stocked annually with 50 000 cutties a year to help control the stickleback population.

The road is VERY bumpy.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 08:13:38 AM »

would it be wise to bring a 14 foot boat on trailer their or is the road to rough.  If somebody could comment on whether they have done this or know if it would be ok would be great. Thanks :)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Alex015

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 08:50:08 AM »

i went up last year and we drove up in a mini van with no problems... it just depends if the pot holes have been filled with gravel and what not... i think that it would be good to bring a boat up because it is a pain to be walking all over hte place looking for a spot.

Rosco P. COHOtrane

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 09:12:04 AM »

I saw big boats, 15' to 16' there. Also, at one of the campsites was a small RV. I will be OK to bring a trailered boat.  
It must have been a nice area before it was clear cut.

otto

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 03:39:36 PM »

re: "Apparently the road is stocked annually with 50 000 cutties a year to help control the stickleback population"

sooooo rosco....you are saying that the cutties can walk on gravel roads now.....?????? ;D :o ;D :D 8)

Rosco P. COHOtrane

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 08:59:14 AM »

re: "Apparently the road is stocked annually with 50 000 cutties a year to help control the stickleback population"

ooops!...early mornings...late nights....I need sleEp!!!!