Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SO I have a week off!!!  (Read 3472 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
SO I have a week off!!!
« on: June 01, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »

What should I do??  I have June 24 up to and including July 3rd off!! I was wondering what I should do and I am open to options. Should I head out to some Lakes in the interior with my trailer, try some flyfishing, which I really suck at, :-[  or does anyone think that the Fraser will drop and clear a bit by then so I can cruise out to some bars to try my luck at barfishing? I haven't fished much at all lately and need to get some serious fishing in before I go crazy!! :o ;D   
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
Re: SO I have a week off!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:39:52 PM »

Well, I think that I might be going to Sheridan Lake!!  Any tips??  :)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 08:42:27 PM »

Try fishing for rainbows. ;D ;D ;D
Sounds like fun though!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:39:50 PM »

i'd go up into the interior and hone my fly skills, there are some big bows up there waiting to be caught and IMO it's an excellent break and great for your camper...

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 05:40:46 PM »

I'd head up to the Cariboo. Considering how cold its been lately the lakes should still be fishing well later than normal. I would consider putting a few days in at Sheridan but I can assure you that there are much more interesting lakes. Give me a shout if you want a few more details.
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 06:09:08 PM »

OK, here is the update, so I am no longer going to Sheridan!!!  SO the original question still remains!!  Thanks for the suggestions so far, I am thinking about going to some lakes, but we will have to see what I can come up with!!  If I can come up with the proper gear and floatation device, then I will more than likely make it out.  If I can not, then I will stay local and hopefully the Fraser is ready for me!!  Must try out that new Bar Rod I got from Griz!! ;) ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 05:33:07 AM »

OK, here is the update, so I am no longer going to Sheridan!!!  SO the original question still remains!!  Thanks for the suggestions so far, I am thinking about going to some lakes, but we will have to see what I can come up with!!  If I can come up with the proper gear and floatation device, then I will more than likely make it out.  If I can not, then I will stay local and hopefully the Fraser is ready for me!!  Must try out that new Bar Rod I got from Griz!! ;) ;D

if ya head this way I have a spare rod and my pram and toon and mebbe even the big boat...lemme know...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 07:30:13 AM »

You could spend the week honing those skills on St Mary Lake (Salt Spring Island).  The bass are cooperative.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 11:26:20 AM »

if ya head this way I have a spare rod and my pram and toon and mebbe even the big boat...lemme know...;)))

mojo

Sounds good Mojo, I will let you know!!  Are there any campgrounds near you that we could stay at??  Thinking about bringing up the trailer. ;)

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 08:23:19 AM »

lots of them....hell...u kin camp in my yard if ya want....is free campsites at all the smaller lakes around...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley