Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~~~Come On Springs~~~  (Read 7108 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: ~~~Come On Springs~~~
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 12:38:58 PM »

I think its has to do with how fast the river is roaring right now and its height making the fish hug tighter to shore and not get swept away in the path of the test net compared to last year. Right now while Sturgeon fishing I have seen several 60 foot plus trees float by like race cars. :o

Actually...sometimes each test set is just 10 minutes long, depending on how fast the flow is. Otherwise, they aim for 30 minutes.

My sources recently, from one of the observers, is that the average size of what they're getting now is 17 lbs.

You're totally on base about what you say about the fishery being unsupervised. That's a CROCK!

Actually, from what I just heard, this is the worst returns they've observed thus far in 20 years.

I've heard reports that they're thinking on closing the sports fishery on the Fraser and it's tributaries this year until further notice.

BLEEP!

Am I the only one here that thinks this will never happen!! :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 01:59:26 PM »

how was the sturgeon fishing big steel? ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 03:50:32 PM »

I wasn't able to make it out!!   :'(

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 03:52:26 PM »

I heard the water is to height to fish for them. is this true?

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 04:01:56 PM »

Am I the only one here that thinks this will never happen!! :)

I would say go as far to say it will never happen.  If the natives continue to net fish at the rate they are this could possibly happen in the future but I can't see this happening on such short notice.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 04:11:10 PM »

I heard the water is to height to fish for them. is this true?
I haven't noticed that the freshet makes any difference in three years I have been fishing them!  But this year has been real slow for me!! ;)  Slayer we shouldn't be hijacking thhis thread, if you have any other questions go to the Sturgeon report thread!! ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 04:13:51 PM »

One thing that also can have a bearing on the test fishery results at Albion is high water conditions and the river being full of debris that has been the case the last couple of weeks. Also remember the seals take a toll of the fish in the test vessel's nets. They just hang around and have easy picking once a fish is in the net.

Also I feel there is no need to close the recreational fishery on the Fraser as at this time of year with the freshet now in full swing success is very limited. I personally have heard of only 6 being taken since the opening on May 1.