Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fly-Fashion  (Read 2607 times)

canadian-countrygrl

Fly-Fashion
« on: May 04, 2006, 12:14:44 PM »

I can't believe I am going to share this with you but it's worked good so far and they are pretty fashionable.  I picked up a couple of fly's for fly fishing cut the hooks off so they don't pierce me and made them into my good luck earings.  I wear them everytime I fish.  I've actually had comments on them from other woman.  I feel embarrased for sharing this story now. ha-ha! I'm gonna go hide now.   ;D
MAY THE HOLES IN YOUR NET BE NO LARGER THAN THE FISH IN IT!

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
Re: Fly-Fashion
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 12:46:01 PM »

Pass couple years at the lodge, many guests / staff  have asked me to tie them pairs of matching flies for the same sort of things. 

drift

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 01:11:51 PM »

I can't believe I am going to share this with you but it's worked good so far and they are pretty fashionable.  I picked up a couple of fly's for fly fishing cut the hooks off so they don't pierce me and made them into my good luck earings.  I wear them everytime I fish.  I've actually had comments on them from other woman.  I feel embarrased for sharing this story now. ha-ha! I'm gonna go hide now.   ;D

Come on,lets see the pics of them!Don't be shy. :D :D

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »

I am going to go with my daughter and have my eye brow pierced and put a fly in it...i figure the next time I'm on the vedder and it's a gong show, I'm going to stare angrily at anyone who stands next to me and tell them the last guy did that too me... ;)

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 09:38:50 PM »

No need to hide 12 years ago my freind and owner of Big Horn Holdings, who I supply with Flies and Rods, came up with the idea of making earings out of flies. He said as we were having coffee on day "You know we could sell a whole lot more flies if you started making earings out of these thing too." So my wife and I did and they sold fairly well for two years then the novelty wore off and they stopped selling. Here's the trick we did; cutt the hook at the barb and glue a bead on to cover the sharp end. Match the color of the bead to the hackle. We also made lapel pins out of Salmon patterns for the guys. Chistmas ornaments too; use to by glass balls from Michael's craft store, carefully removed the hook at the top and then suspended a fly inside the ball with 2lb leader. Reattached the hook and hung them them on the tree. 
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 09:52:08 PM »

I have one of those - was given to me as a gift a couple of years ago.

canadian-countrygrl

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 09:48:11 AM »

Well then, I'm glad I'm not the only one. haha!!  Apparently, alot of woman do this.  They are pretty flashy. GOLFMAN65, the eyebrow earing would be HILARIOUS!  People would totally fall for that if your serious when you tell them. HAHAHA too funny man. Good luck with that.

Cheers!
MAY THE HOLES IN YOUR NET BE NO LARGER THAN THE FISH IN IT!

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

That's HOT!!!!!!!!!!