Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flyfishing for coho in the cap....  (Read 11056 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: Flyfishing for coho in the cap....
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 11:56:37 AM »

is there even ROOM for two flyfishermen to hit the cable pool effectively with all the gear chuckers that are bound to be there? 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 12:14:50 PM »

is there even ROOM for two flyfishermen to hit the cable pool effectively with all the gear chuckers that are bound to be there? 

No, but that doesn't seem the faze the guys there. Sharpen up your roll cast.

Ribwart

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 12:18:45 PM »

There are some other pools that I think could be equally good....not everyone is willing to hike it into some of the more isolated pools...Should be possible to find a spot or two to yourself....then when you see someone approaching just make a bunch of erratic really dangerous looking casts and I'm sure they'll change their minds about moving in to the spot!  ;D

Sounds good whitetip, I won't be out there for a while, but I'll keep ya posted...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:44:29 PM by Ribwart »

sliverbullet

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 04:04:21 PM »

i think i might give the cap a try on the fly as welll

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 01:30:47 PM »

I fished the lower river for them did ok, use flashy bait fish patterns, or egg patterns, I used a 6wt and it worked just fine, a floating line with a sink tip will do just fine. Fast short stripps will get there attention, they're just out of the ocean so they're still into herring and needlefish!
Fish killer 101

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 03:51:25 PM »

Hi,

How many Kms up from the mouth is the first decent holding water? I don't mind a bit of walking...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 04:16:12 PM »

Half a kilometre

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 04:27:58 PM »

cool thanks! Gonna go and check that out as soon as my breathables are fixed!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »

its me again went fishing for them this week the water is dead low so i had to go down pretty much to the border between crown land and native! There were to fish in the run a dark spring and a silver coho! I stuck on the biggest flashiest most aggressive fly i could find in my collection and gave it a whorl!  After about 10 cast the spring was getting agitated and i didn't want to hook him so i put on my favourite fly out of all the other ones i have!  A squamish poacher! And BANG!!!  The coho was on!  It was a 4lb silver beauty, just big enough for dinner!  Time to go home now!

I fished the poacher on a floating line! dead drift, right in front of his face i watched the line and the fish at the same time and i noticed that the moment that he took the fly (all he did was open his mouth and close, no movement) the line didn't move, but i struck and he was hooked!
Fish killer 101