Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder river 19 - 20  (Read 1693 times)

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
vedder river 19 - 20
« on: April 22, 2006, 10:26:59 PM »

at 5:00 and he came and picked me up at 5:30. So this was going to be my first time going out the vedder with the best guide out there. so we stopped at the reaction fishing store and picked up some gear.

So after we got the it was around 6:30 when we first arrived at the first run so we dressed up and headed out. We get the the spot and the water is just perfect. so with start chucking everything we have . after about 30 min or so i throw on a snake. after about 10 min i let my line go way out. then down go the float and i was thinking dam a snag. So i pull up and bam fish on after a short fight a first vedder river hatch fish but i decided to let it go because it it still early. It was around 5 pounds.

so after that i didn't care if i got another fish. so we fish the rune for another hour or so and move up to another one of river walkers sweet runs, So when we arriver there we see 2 huge steel sitting right in front of us. but they move inthe middle of the run. so we decided to move to another sweet run with a short walk down river. So about 5 cast in river walker rolls one. so he cast again with his Jensen egg set up and bam fish on  and a good fight and a 10 lb bullet chrome  hatch fish landed ans released.

so we walk up to where we saw the fish and start fishing again so i throw on the Colorado blade that i bought in the morning and and 4 cast in bang bang my reel screaming and snap!! holy crap that was a huge fish. So i retie the same blade on and first cast in bam float down and another screammer down stream for about 100 feet and then it got tied and cam back up stream so i landed my second vedder steel and it is a 12 lb wild buck and with a quick release and now time for a pic.

so we hit some runs up stream a bit with now luck so we go back to where we got my first fish and see if any want to bite now. So we get there and we see a  big monster sitting in the tail so we throw everything at home but with avail until WR throws on a Jensen set up and 5 cast in bam fish sucked down the egg and the fish does a quick jump and popped the hook. It was around 15 pounds easy and bullet chrome.

so we walk up stream to anther good run. he throws a Jensen set up through and bam fish on but again it popped the hook. so he keeps fishing and then he throws a gold blade on and second cast a fish just hammers it and screams down river and does a weird twist and pops the hook again!! so with no other luck in the hole we move on and decide to head home.

so we decided to go the vedder Agni the next morning at the same time. So i wake up at 4:30 and waiting for RW for about 40 min and then i figured he slept in so i head back to bed. so around 6:00 i get a call and i guessed right.

so we get there around 8:00 and hit the same spots.we meet up with one of his friends. we see a couple sitting in there but they are not bitting.So we move up river a bit. His friend yells fish on then quickly after fish off.  Then we drive to the runs where i hooked my seconded fish. his friend misses a fish. so there is some fish sitting in there. so with no luck we retie new gear and his Friend wants to try his new rod out so second cast with it he hooks a fish!! But shortly after the hook pops out. so we move down where WR  landed his 10 buck and first cast with a gooye bob and roe i hook in to a bullet chrome fish and with a couple heads shakes it was gone.

then after fishing there for a bit nore we splite up with friend and head to differant runs. So we get there and pull are gear out and lock all the doors and RW says they are in there !! I was like whatare in there the he says the keys!!!! so his cell phone was in the car and luckly i had mine on me so we phone a tow truck .$45 later and we are in the car. so we are back in town and dont want to go back fishing so we head her home

so for my first time out i hooked 4 fish and he hooked 5 and 3 landed. so i have 10 fish landed and 25 fish hooked through out the year.

so here are some pics of the days

my first vedder steel

his 10lb buck

him fighting the one of the one hooked on the first day

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: vedder river 19 - 20
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 10:36:57 PM »

nice fish that a good report

Ribwart

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 10:57:29 PM »

Sweeeeeet!  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 12:24:40 AM »

Sounds like you both had a memorable day. :)

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 04:17:10 PM »

he said that was only a good day for him but for me an awsome day ;D ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »

Great Job Slayer!! ;D  Awesome pics as well!!   :o ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!