Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any body have any good recipes for tilapia  (Read 10196 times)

Guppy

• nothing but steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any body have any good recipes for tilapia
« on: February 05, 2006, 08:17:03 PM »

just wonder what some good recipes for tilapia
small fish in a big river

shrek

• I'm a llama!
Re: any body have any good recipes for tilapia
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 07:46:47 PM »

they work great in the garden as fertilizer.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »

On Iron Chef America over the weekend they had tilapia as the secret ingredient. Some of the dishes created were awesome looking.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 12:21:19 AM »

1 Talapia

(1)
1tbs hot black bean sauce
1tbs chopped green onion
1tbs chopped ginger
1tbs chopped garlic
(2)
1tbs sake (Japanese wine)
1tbs soy sauce
1tbs sugar
half cup water
1tbs vinegar

First pan fried the fish (remember to de-scale) to golden brown colour. remove put on plate.
Then stir fried material from (1) for 10 sec then add items from (2) stir well let it simmer for 2min. then pour the sauce onto fish.

Done enjoy.

No_way

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 09:27:15 AM »

Here is one I posted in another thread earlier:

This is a classical Chinese technique I've picked up.  It is now my default way to cook fish.   

This is an all purpose recipe for any small whole fish.  WORKS GREAT!  The size of the fish is limited by the size of your steamer.  Fantastic for trout, perch, carp, tilapia, anything.

1.  Clean the fish and scale if it has large scales
2.  Cut a number of shallow, diagonal slits along both sides of the fish.  If it fits in the steamer be sure to leave the head on; the cheeks are the very best part.
3.  Lay some long pieces of green onion on a plate to stop the fish from sticking (the plate must fit in the steamer)
4.  Set the fish on the onion and sprinkle with shredded ginger.  The ginger helps to kill off any "fishy" or "muddy" tastes, making this great for carp.
5.  season the fish how you want (I use some soy sauce, sea salt, black pepper, and shredded red chillies)
6.  Let the fish sit while getting the steamer hot (a bamboo steamer over a wok of simmering water works best, but what ever works, right?).  Place the fish in the steamer and cook until the dorsal fin pulls out easily.   

7.  (optional) heat some vegetable and seasame oil in a pan, transfer the fish to a platter and slowly pour the hot oil over the fish.  It adds some flavor and gives the skin a crispy texture with a nice appearance.

Eat with rice.

You've never had moister fish in your life!  The fish can be separated from the skin and the bone using a pair of spoons VERY easily.   

Let me know what you think.  It's a nice change from the frying pan.

Guppy

• nothing but steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 06:38:38 PM »

Here is one I posted in another thread earlier:
 nice thanks
This is a classical Chinese technique I've picked up.  It is now my default way to cook fish.   

This is an all purpose recipe for any small whole fish.  WORKS GREAT!  The size of the fish is limited by the size of your steamer.  Fantastic for trout, perch, carp, tilapia, anything.

1.  Clean the fish and scale if it has large scales
2.  Cut a number of shallow, diagonal slits along both sides of the fish.  If it fits in the steamer be sure to leave the head on; the cheeks are the very best part.
3.  Lay some long pieces of green onion on a plate to stop the fish from sticking (the plate must fit in the steamer)
4.  Set the fish on the onion and sprinkle with shredded ginger.  The ginger helps to kill off any "fishy" or "muddy" tastes, making this great for carp.
5.  season the fish how you want (I use some soy sauce, sea salt, black pepper, and shredded red chillies)
6.  Let the fish sit while getting the steamer hot (a bamboo steamer over a wok of simmering water works best, but what ever works, right?).  Place the fish in the steamer and cook until the dorsal fin pulls out easily.   

7.  (optional) heat some vegetable and seasame oil in a pan, transfer the fish to a platter and slowly pour the hot oil over the fish.  It adds some flavor and gives the skin a crispy texture with a nice appearance.

Eat with rice.

You've never had moister fish in your life!  The fish can be separated from the skin and the bone using a pair of spoons VERY easily.   

Let me know what you think.  It's a nice change from the frying pan.

small fish in a big river

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 01:57:16 PM »

1 Talapia

(1)
1tbs hot black bean sauce
1tbs chopped green onion
1tbs chopped ginger
1tbs chopped garlic
(2)
1tbs sake (Japanese wine)
1tbs soy sauce
1tbs sugar
half cup water
1tbs vinegar

First pan fried the fish (remember to de-scale) to golden brown colour. remove put on plate.
Then stir fried material from (1) for 10 sec then add items from (2) stir well let it simmer for 2min. then pour the sauce onto fish.

Done enjoy.

man with all those ingredients you cook use dirty socks instead of fish and it would still taste good lol

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!