Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder mar 29/06  (Read 1545 times)

montegobay man

vedder mar 29/06
« on: March 29, 2006, 05:30:36 PM »

Cool runnings to all .Well its that time of the season renew  our fresh water lic ,tags etc. I have been getting up at 4oo am for  the early bite  just  when sun come's up and early bird catches the worm eh!! . Will this time I almost slept in  got out the door 545am  a quick stop at Timmy's  and down the hwy..dawn was comming fast as. I reached  the turn off the sumas prairie and mountain's were filling up with burst of sun light from the rising  morning sunrise. I though to myself man the runs are filling up fast with anglers. I cross kw bridge and the gong show has begun..under the bridge traveled up stream and first truck in no one there . Wow  luck out on this one  started with roe bags  shrimp cast and cast no takers . Then I move on  just over head a big flock of Canada geese were doing a fly by then 2 eagles were doing there thing just a fantastic morning ;D . I move to next run up and casted short floating with bit of pink wool ,shrimp not only 2 Min's fish on ya mon .Its a small hatchery buck no bonk release back to the water . I re baited  you guess it fish on!  this ones the great kahoona  runaway. I'm using 6 lb test and it's a very strong fish silver bar of silver and will not come in not like the small buck. Just then it comes in after a great fight  I'm ready to land him  heh its wild it  breaks off just as well no harm to that fish . ;D  Re baited but I am running low on shrimp so I put on a roe bag and cast into  the run again heh fish on !  Wow  what a  run of luck  fish on! again  after more fish. I landed A very chrome doe dinner tonight  and I thank the fish gods for this wonder full morning I had this morning  heres the pics .Theres still chrome steelys  out there  cheers to all Montegobay man time to fish the ocean  see ya ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:52:06 AM by Rodney »

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: vedder mar 29/06
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 05:59:12 PM »

Sound like MUCH fun Montego..I was walking to work this morning and thinkin' I was just wish' I was goin' fishin'!!!

Time to get ready to go Salt fishin' Montego...here they come..2 weeks if that now!
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 06:47:04 PM »

montegobay man you suck ;D good report

DAWGMAN

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 07:17:27 PM »

:P I met you at Hatch matcher a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like you had a far better day than i did. Did you get any pics of those chromers. Love to see them>

fishinmusician

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 08:48:33 AM »

You talk about a gong show at KWB. Lots of fish there thats why. I have never seen schools of steelhead like that. Literally hundreds of them in there, some nice big dollies too,milling around below the bridge all the way down to the tailout of the gong run. The fish were pretty spooked and you could see guys sight fishing them in 6 feet of water. Like coho fishing. If you get there at 0455 AM you will get the spot you want.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 10:32:33 AM »

NICE FISH
weeeeeeeeeow!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 11:10:45 AM »

Those are some great fish.... lower river is the only spot producing.... I thought the fish were throughout the river... I haven't heard of one fish from anywhere but the bottom

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!