Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 72952 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2006, 06:45:21 PM »

Sounds like a good workout Eddie!! ;)  I have legs tomorrow!!!  But I am going to change it up a bit!!  Since I am going to destroy my legs, I am no longer doing Calfs with Quads!!!  I'll do calfs on ab day!!  So anyhow, for legs tomorrow, I will start with 5 sets of leg extensions,(I really have to warm up my knees!!)  From there I will move to Hack squats 4 sets,anymore and my kness seem to start stressing to much.  I usually do these fairly light, start at 250 then move up to 300lbs and do 12-15 reps per set. Then One leg Presses, 4 sets, (something the Rick said I should try!) then full on heavy leg presses for another 4 sets, perhaps get back up to 8 plates a side, but we'll see how it feels after the one legged ones!!  From there I stay at the leg press but I change my foot position right to the top of the platform and work on concentration for a ham stretch.  At least that is what changing the postion does for me!!  As I am doing those, between every set I move to ham curls, and do four sets of each.  The stretched leg press and the ham curls.  After all that, I have a hard time walking,and a almost pass out 3-4 times during the workout, but it has seemed to work so far!!! ;)  I have to go as heavy as I can on these, but try to get at least 12 reps on every set!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 06:48:27 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2006, 06:57:09 PM »

Oh Yeah, and today I did a burner tricep workout and ABs!!!  Couldn't breath after my last set!!!  4 sets of crunches, 5 sets of leg raises, 4 sets of oblique crunches, 5 sets of lower back extensions Every set to failure!!!  For tri's, it was 5 sets of Cable extensions, 4 sets of heavy dumbell behind the neck drops, got to 110lb dumbell on heaviest set for 10 slow reps.  Then reverse grip single arm cable extensions 4 sets, then for good measure 1 drop set at the end to failure, till I coudn't even do 10 lbs!!!  That sure got the blood flowing!! ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2006, 07:56:10 PM »

I dont do calves on leg day. I do my calves on shoulder day. I do allot of isolation exercises with slow reps. Some people have the misconception that more weight equals bigger muscles. Not always true. If you lift fairly heavy with slow reps you will build bigger muscles faster than doing a heavy forced rep workout. When trying to add size I keep my rep range between 5-8 reps with it being as heavy as I can but very slow reps especially on the negative.

BTW I ordered my personal training course and finally going to finish it. I plan on being totally certified within a year. Going to try and do an hour a day, kids permitting LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2006, 03:51:48 PM »

Heres my stats:
 ht: 5'11
wt:167

bench press : 170lb, 8reps ,3sets
weeeeeeeeeow!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2006, 04:17:53 PM »

I dont do calves on leg day. I do my calves on shoulder day. I do allot of isolation exercises with slow reps. Some people have the misconception that more weight equals bigger muscles. Not always true. If you lift fairly heavy with slow reps you will build bigger muscles faster than doing a heavy forced rep workout. When trying to add size I keep my rep range between 5-8 reps with it being as heavy as I can but very slow reps especially on the negative.

BTW I ordered my personal training course and finally going to finish it. I plan on being totally certified within a year. Going to try and do an hour a day, kids permitting LOL

sounds good man... I am already certifiable hahahaha I mean certified.. I love being a trainer... helping others attain their goals is just as rewarding as getting there yourself!!!

when I train legs I break all three groups up ionto different workouts.. I will work quads by themselves, hamstrings on their own day and I throw calves in twice a week.. one day with shoulders the other day with chest or back.....ever since I broke the legs up into different workouts I have acheived greater gains

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2006, 06:12:49 PM »

So today was....  tuff.  Workout wise!!  But it was the last day of my 2 week heavy cycle, so....
Started out with some fairly light leg extensions, 5 sets, only went to 13 plates and got 15 reps out of each set with no problem.  Then it was Hack squats.  4 sets of a$$ to heels, going to 300lbs on the last set.  So the quads are burning good at this point.  But Rick had said that I should do one legged presses, so 4 sets of those getting to 3 plates a side for 12 reps a set.  Didn't figure I was done yet, so on to heavy leg presses, which weren't as heavy as usual, because the one legged ones were killers.  On the started with 4 plates a side on those, went up 2 plates every set for 4 sets, so on the last sets I have 7 plates a side, started really burning at 12 reps, but I got angry and kept going to 21 reps, I could do no more.  Well, my buddy was doing this workout with me, he puked after the 2nd set of presses, but he did finish his last 2 sets, and I, well I went down 3 times.  Twice do to my legs buckling and I couldn't hold up my weight, and after the 4th set of presses went down do to almost passing out, took a knee and couldn't get back up, one of the guys there helped me up while he was busy laughing his my friend off!!!!  I am still a bit lightheaded right now, but at least I can walk, sort of!!!  So thanks a lot Rick, ya jerk!!!! :D ;D ;D  You got me somewhat motivated earlier this week.  But now, I get to go back to the 6 day cycle and the shock therapy is over for a month or two.  Tomorrow, if I can walk, I'll go do some calfs perhaps, maybe forearms.  Sunday is totally off, then back to Chest and Bi's on Monday!!  Hit em hard and then give them 6 days rest!!!  Same for every other muscle group!!!  More rest and sleep now. ;D ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2006, 07:50:57 PM »

I have my all-around day tomorrow, my favorite day!! Its where I do 1-2 exercises per body part. I do exercises I wouldnt normally do and experiment and try to make up new exercises by trying various techniques and positions. Follow it up with 45-60mins of cardio. That reminds me, I must download some new songs to my MP3 player.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2006, 09:57:20 AM »

Does anyone here get gut ort from taking whey powder. I never used to but just recently I upped my intake and the last couple days my stomach has been extremely shaky, I'm wondering if this could be from it.
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2006, 01:33:28 PM »

Well Biff, I haven't experieced this, but I have never taken a lot of powder!!!  So.....
On another note, my quads didn't feel near as bad this morning as I thought they would, so I made my way to the gym and did some calfs and Hammies!!!  Feel pretty good right now, so I just finished washing and detailing the truck.  Now, I think that I will have a power nap!!!!  Tomorrow, I am taking of completely, except for some abs!!! ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2006, 01:52:13 PM »

It is good that you are beating the crap outta your legs!!!!!!!   like I said it is gonna hurt, but if you want them to be big and ripped you need to beat the heck outta them.. big muscle groups need to be severly punished to respond  ;D ;D ;D  and don't be such a wimp... whats with all the whining???  who cares if you can't walk ????   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh yeah and BIFF !!!!  it is normal... alot of women experience stomach problems with the use of Whey Protein   :o :o ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 01:53:51 PM by thickrick »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2006, 06:48:14 PM »

It is good that you are beating the crap outta your legs!!!!!!!   like I said it is gonna hurt, but if you want them to be big and ripped you need to beat the heck outta them.. big muscle groups need to be severly punished to respond  ;D ;D ;D  and don't be such a wimp... whats with all the whining???  who cares if you can't walk ????   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well I suppose I had that coming! ;D ;D ;D
  But on another note, today was Bi's and Chest!!!  Todays was a pretty good workout, feel good afterwards.  Felt strong did more weight than usual on all Bicep exercises, and had a really nice pump going on chest!!  Tomorrow, will be Tri's and Back, followed by shoulders and calfs on Wednesday.  Looking forward to the week of working out.  Feeling some gains now, and the strength is coming around.  Bring on Sturgeon and the Big Chinook, I'll be ready for ya!!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 06:52:58 PM by Big Steel »

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2006, 10:27:14 PM »

Oh, so thats what all this body buiding/ strength training is all about,
i thought you were just trying to look good in your fish posing pictures. ;D
The Bigger The Better!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2006, 12:19:26 PM »

So Monday night was leg day  >:(  I hate leg day cause leg day hurts!!!!! 
Started out with Barbell squat.......  warmed up with 2 plates a side for 20 reps... then to 3 for 12.... 4 for 12.... 5 for 10.. and then 5 plates and a quarter for 8 reps....
moved over to one legged press....  2 plates for 12... 3 plates for 12.. 4 plates for 12.. 6 plates for 12... 6 plates for 8
then to hack squat......................   my friend to heal squats 3 plates 4 sets of 12
leg extension..............................   300 lbs. for 12...... 400 lbs for 12.... 400 lbs for 12... 400 lbs for 12
C & C squats ..............................   body weight for 15.... body weight plau 50 lbs for 12.. body weight plus 50 lbs for 12

thats it !!!!!!!!  I could barely stand after this workout and if I didn't keep my knees locked I would have gone down... ::). went home and became as one with the couch and stood as little as possible.... today I feel great with no lingering pain at all.. you know these workouts suck my friend and they hurt like hell... but when I get on stage in August it will all be worth it... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2006, 04:58:42 PM »

Do you guys stretch after every workout? I usually stretch throught my workouts. Also who warms up on a bike before hitting the weights? I just do a warm up set for each exercise with a light weight.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2006, 05:03:14 PM »

Especially with legs I stretch before and after every exercise.... I also always warm up with a 5 min walk before and after my leg days... with other body parts I still stretch before and between sets

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15