Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 73770 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2006, 03:18:10 PM »

Just an FYI ( I am really going to try and attend )

POPEYE’S SUPPLEMENTS COQUITLAM Presents;

Cory Holly Sports Nutrition Seminar

Canada’s Ambassador of Sports Nutrition, Health+Fitness

Date:Thursday March 23/06

Location: Pitt Meadows Family Rec Center 12027 Harris Rd. (upstairs)

Time: 7-8:30pm

Cory will be speaking on the benefits of whole foods and supplementation as well as exercise and fitness.

Come join us for exclusive specials like;

· 2lb Interactive Iso-Whey $32.71 seminar special only!

· 1kg Interactive Glutamine $46.73 seminar special only!

Don’t miss out on a great opportunity to expand your knowledge and health

also free samples, a gift pack draw, and exclusive coupons.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2006, 07:06:36 PM »

Thanks for the post Eddie, But I have to work! :(  I also just loaded up on some stuff from Rick, so I am good for a bit!!  ;D ;D  Besides I will be getting everything I need from ProSource!!  There is some guy there that thinks he knows what he is talking about!!  I don't know though, he ain't that BIG!!!  Sorry Rick, I couldn't resist!!! :D  Just please don't hurt me!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2006, 07:26:43 PM »

Thanks for the post Eddie, But I have to work! :(  I also just loaded up on some stuff from Rick, so I am good for a bit!!  ;D ;D  Besides I will be getting everything I need from ProSource!!  There is some guy there that thinks he knows what he is talking about!!  I don't know though, he ain't that BIG!!!  Sorry Rick, I couldn't resist!!! :D  Just please don't hurt me!! ;D ;D

Not there to buy stuff I will be there for the information session. I spent $300 last weekend on supplements so I am good for a couple weeks.
Wish I had more time to go visit Rick but with 3 kids with me its hard to get out there. Hes wide but I still look down on him, hey shorty  ;D

Rick I still have not recieved a reply to my last e-mail.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2006, 07:32:35 PM »

How tall are you Eddie?  Because I ain't much taller than Rick, I'm somewhere around 5'10"!! ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2006, 07:36:36 PM »

How tall are you Eddie?  Because I ain't much taller than Rick, I'm somewhere around 5'10"!! ;D

6'3 and 197lbs Just call me a Wide Reciever LOL Would rather be a linebacker but hey it will be summer before you know it LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2006, 07:39:43 PM »

Well, I would rather be a........  Crap, I have no idea!!!  I did play Quarterback in school!!!  Anyhow, I weighed in yesterday at 210lbs, I think that I am going the wrong way!! ;D ;D  Oh well, if I don't have my six pack buy June or July, then I'll just buy one!! ;D ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2006, 07:47:29 PM »

I need to keep my six pack right now as I am heading to Mexico at the end of May. I am kind of just maintaining right now. Maybe add a little size but have to keep lean. I was a linebacker in high school. When I was 17-18 I was 220lbs and very lean.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2006, 10:48:54 AM »

Just started to train again after 10 years of beer drinking and heavy partying . Made the new years resolution to get myself back into the shape I  once was . Couldn't believe how feeble I have become my bench press has dropped by 80 lbs used to bench 180 for reps . When I started out January 15 I took it easy and was benching 95 for reps and have slowly increased my bench up to 140 for reps feeling way stronger . I'm 5'9 and January 15 weighed 235 lbs not a healthy combo . I'm now 208 lbs every one on my hockey team used to call me Fat Daddy now I'm known as Fit Daddy I have improved my skating immensely I now win foot races for loose pucks and am usually the first forward back on the back check. My goal is to get down to 190 lbs and maintain this from now on . I gave up Beer quit smoking Pot after 18 years of chronic use . Diet has changed dramatically from all that crappy fast food to healthy stuff lowered my carb intake drastically eat lots of meats , steamed veggies , raw veggies , salads , Vector cereal for breakfast , never used to eat fruit now it's part of my daily diet . My energy levels have gone through the roof lung capacity has probably doubled feel 10 years younger. Supplements I'm taking are Creatine monohydrate , multi vitamines ,  glutamine , salmon oil , green tea extract , whey protein powder. Since I started taking the supplements my strength has increased the recovery time of sore muscles cut in half and energy to spare all day long . Having a hard time pushing myself as hard as I would like due to a Hernia the reason I stopped working out to begin with I find it hurts if I go to heavy or after a ab work out especially the next day .

legend

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2006, 12:31:05 PM »

A few questions regarding supplements when should you be taking them before your work out , after your work out , first thing in the morning , before bed ? . I'm trying to build lean muscle  is it a good idea to use Creatine I want to loose 20 more lbs since I started using it My weight has stayed the same but the wife says my arms , legs , chest have all gotten bigger. Is this because I'm building muscle ? . I do an hour of Cardio every other day on the Recumbent bike and play hockey two to three times a week . My goal isn't to gain mass but to become more flexible and get a more explosive skating stride . Have been doing Squats , lunges , leg extensions , hamstring curls , calf raises . My abdominal area is not very well conditioned either as mentioned before the Hernia is a real issue when doing crunches or any other ab work out I can't afford to get the surgery done as missing the time away from work is not possible. I have been trying to work through the pain but when I push myself I suffer for a day or two after. The Hernia is small the size of a pea when I first got it the Doctor said it was to small to worry about (idiot) happend while working in Kitimat at Methanex was using 1 1/2 inch drive air impact with a 2 1/2 inch socket doing up a Dollar plate on a Heat Exchanger the gun was over 80 lbs and I was reaching of a scaffold arms fully extended all of a sudden rip through the stomach lining OUCH!.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 12:38:46 PM by legend »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2006, 01:35:42 PM »

A few questions regarding supplements when should you be taking them before your work out , after your work out , first thing in the morning , before bed ? . I'm trying to build lean muscle  is it a good idea to use Creatine I want to loose 20 more lbs since I started using it My weight has stayed the same but the wife says my arms , legs , chest have all gotten bigger. Is this because I'm building muscle ? . I do an hour of Cardio every other day on the Recumbent bike and play hockey two to three times a week . My goal isn't to gain mass but to become more flexible and get a more explosive skating stride . Have been doing Squats , lunges , leg extensions , hamstring curls , calf raises . My abdominal area is not very well conditioned either as mentioned before the Hernia is a real issue when doing crunches or any other ab work out I can't afford to get the surgery done as missing the time away from work is not possible. I have been trying to work through the pain but when I push myself I suffer for a day or two after. The Hernia is small the size of a pea when I first got it the Doctor said it was to small to worry about (idiot) happend while working in Kitimat at Methanex was using 1 1/2 inch drive air impact with a 2 1/2 inch socket doing up a Dollar plate on a Heat Exchanger the gun was over 80 lbs and I was reaching of a scaffold arms fully extended all of a sudden rip through the stomach lining OUCH!.

OUCH!!!!! that sucks!!! Hey Legend Congrats on the weight loss and quitting all the vices..... sounds like you are doing well... for your info on the supplements...  Creatine Monohydrate can be taken anytime during the day .. just like it is part of your diet...  protein powder and Glutamine should be taken together and several times throughout the day...  an example... if you wake at 7am  you should have some carbs ie  cereal and a protein shake... then you should eat your lunch and then have another protein shake between lunch and dinner... when you are training or playing hockey you should be having complex carbs within twenty minutes of finishing ... something like orange juice or a banana.. and then have a protein shake within 45 minutes of finishing... and the last thing you need to remember when it comes to supplements is that you should be buying them from me from now on  ;D ;D ;D remember 20% for anyone on this site!!!!  8)  I also have accelerade in powder form and in gel packs .. they are a favourite amongst hockey players to be taken right before a game for awesome energy levels!!!!

Rick I still have not recieved a reply to my last e-mail.

I never recieved an e-mail ...you asked a question on the forum about bench press and I answered that question ..  send the e-mail again ok

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

legend

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

Thanks for the tips Rick when my supplements run out I will come in to see you for my next supply and will try out this accelerade .

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2006, 03:11:39 PM »

Thanks for the tips Rick when my supplements run out I will come in to see you for my next supply and will try out this accelerade .

no prob....
if you ever need any advise just ask... its what I do   ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2006, 03:25:14 PM »

Just got back from the gym. Had myself an awsome run, 5 mintues on 8.5, 10 mintues on 9, 3 minutes on 9.5 and 2 minutes on 10 and now I'm pooched.
Actions speak louder than words.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2006, 04:34:37 PM »

Just got back from the gym. Had myself an awsome run, 5 mintues on 8.5, 10 mintues on 9, 3 minutes on 9.5 and 2 minutes on 10 and now I'm pooched.

thats a tough workout man.. good job.. I would be spewing my guts out if I tried that right now   :o ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2006, 06:04:58 PM »

E-mail sent again to your bodybuilders e-mail

I did legs today and had a great workout. Did 3 plates aside on squats for 10 reps without a spotter. Did 6 plates aside on legpress. Also did some deadlifts,leg extensions,lying ham curls and seated ham curls, also did a few ab exercises. Than did 45mins of cardio on the eliptical at level 16 of 20. I use the eliptical since I have bad knees and running on the treadmill aggrevates them.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15