Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 72617 times)

taffydoll

Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2006, 06:23:23 AM »

yeah thats exactly what it means.. usually a good quality blend is in the 80's and a really good quality isolate is in the 80's to lower 90's and they are 100% whey...  whey is the most easily absorbed protein.... and the stuff that has soy protein is bad for males.. because it raises the estrogen levels in the system and causes muscle atrophy
Where on the label would it say the % of protein??
thanks
Sandy

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2007, 09:04:42 PM »

Time to bump this back up to the top.

Its a new year and its time to change. Myself I plan on packing on about 20lbs of lean muscle. Just picked up some protein, something to boost my testosterone and some multi's. Going to up my calorie intake to about 4000 a day and all of it clean. Also changed my workout routine. Going to be doing 5 sets, 5-8 reps and three exercises per muscle group. Also going to take about 1:30-2:00mins rest inbetween sets. Started my workout routine today. Cutting WAY back on the cardio as well to avoid losing muscle and a decline in testosterone.

So what are everyone else's goals for this year?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2007, 09:33:49 PM »

I am hitting it hard again tomorrow, after a lay-off dur to injuries and just plain fishing to much!! ;D ;D  My goals are to saty around the same size for now, and get my abs back!!  Want to cut bodyfat and shape the muscles a bit more.  So, I will be doing 5 days a week, with all isolation movements and lighter weight for everything.  Mind you that won't be all the time.  I will cycle it, with 4 weeks isolation and 1 week of full on power movements.  Well see where I am come May, then I might start to go for more power to get a bit bigger for summer. ;)  But first, I want the abs back, then change up a bit to try and keep the abs mostly thru summer while putting on some size!! ;D  Should be interesting anyways!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2007, 09:36:34 AM »

. Also changed my workout routine. Going to be doing 5 sets, 5-8 reps and three exercises per muscle group. Also going to take about 1:30-2:00mins rest inbetween sets.

Not to pick apart you're routine but if you are trying to pack on size then you need to change it up, the routine you have is great for strength gains but not for size, your reps should be between 8-12 per set with 4 sets max including warmup , and in order to hit the muscle groups properly and from every angle you need at least 4 if not 5 exercises per bodypart.
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2007, 04:34:42 PM »

Well, I'd like to lose 30 pounds myself and get back down to 200. At 6'2" I can carry the weight but it's slowin' me down on the rivers  ;)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2007, 07:50:08 PM »

. Also changed my workout routine. Going to be doing 5 sets, 5-8 reps and three exercises per muscle group. Also going to take about 1:30-2:00mins rest inbetween sets.

Not to pick apart you're routine but if you are trying to pack on size then you need to change it up, the routine you have is great for strength gains but not for size, your reps should be between 8-12 per set with 4 sets max including warmup , and in order to hit the muscle groups properly and from every angle you need at least 4 if not 5 exercises per bodypart.
TR

Thats my routine for just this week. I had previously been maintaining my leaness. I have to do a week of strength training before I go packing on the size. Cant just jump right into it after doing about 3 months of the same thing where I had been mostly supersetting and doing tons of cardio.

Next week I will be doing about 4 exercises per muscle group with a good 1min inbetween sets. I dont believe I need 4-5 exercises for calves though. I can hit ever angle on my calves from one exercise but I usually do 2-3 different exercises for them with the smith machine being my favorite for packing on size.

Thanks for your input.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2007, 09:55:52 PM »

I had a decent first workout back, took it fairly light on shoulders and did 30 min of cardio!!  Also did core taody!! ;D  Tomorrow, it is back and more cardio!!  Perhaps I will run the treadmill this time!! ::) ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2007, 06:31:23 PM »

Yeah you are right about calves , there are only so many exercises you can do for them :)
I started hitting my calves three days a week now as it is a lagging bodypart for me.

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2007, 07:16:50 PM »

Yeah you are right about calves , there are only so many exercises you can do for them :)
I started hitting my calves three days a week now as it is a lagging bodypart for me.

Its a body part thats hard to get size on for most people. I can stack 5 plates a side on the leg press and still get no real size to them. I was doing them today on the smith machine and had 3 plates a side. I cant belive how strong I am for the amount of time I was off from doing any strength exercises and mass builders. My DB Press is already up to 100lb db's a side, my front raises for shoulders I am raising 40lb db's with ease and can do about 4 reps a side with 50's of course their are other exercises I am impressed with but those are the two that I was amazed with.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2007, 07:35:43 AM »

Well all I have to say is I AM SORE!!!!!! My whole body aches after a full week of strength training. Did legs yesterday and this morning could barely walk down the stairs. Did manage to do 3 plates a side on the Squat though for 8 reps which I am happy about.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2007, 07:41:42 AM »

I am with ya on that one man!!  I am a bit sore after my first week back as well!!  I'll do core this wekend, but other than that I am not doing anything. ;D  Cardio whise, I feel good after three straight days on the bike, and will pump it up to 45 min a day next week. :'( ;D  Also have been eating properly this last week, and man, that makes a huge difference in energy and mood!!   ;)