Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 72953 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2006, 08:44:09 PM »

Ya I am supersetting everything right now. Just going to go to Mexico lean and give myself 5lbs to play with while down there  ;D

I am doing a Push Day, Pull Day and a Leg Day right now. It just gives my muscles two days of training a week so burn the fat. When I get back I will try and do a bit less cardio and try and add a bit of size to my weak areas. If I feel confident enough after givener hard and seeing some mass gains I might consider doing a competition earlier. The big thing for me is the calorie intake. I will have to do a clean bulk not a big jump in calories but just enough to get a bit more size.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2006, 07:44:03 PM »

Well, I figured that I would post some progress pics!! :P  So here goes nothin!!  I now weigh 218lbs now. :)  Don't know what to say other than that!! :)

That is it!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2006, 11:57:58 AM »

You are big enough now. Time to start cutting and getting lean. Start depleating some calories from your everday totals and do more cardio.

I decided that I am going to bulk come late September. I was going to start now but after seriously thinking about it whats the point since we have 2 months of summer left.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2006, 04:57:39 PM »

I was thinking about that!!  But, by the time I did get cut up, summer would be over!!  It would take me about 2 months to do this, so, new plan!!  Increase calories and carbs, my protien intake is ok where it is at, and bulk up to let's say around 245 or so, and get cut up for next summer!!  Hopefully get down to about 8-10 % body fat at 215-225lbs!!  So we'll see how it will works, I figured a can do a good full year of building, then cut down and see what I am left with!!  :P Did legs today, so I should be in great shape fopr sunday!!  Thank god I'll be sitting around for most of the day!!! ;D

The_Other_Gman

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2006, 06:26:16 PM »

Used to body build some years back, last few years been spending working on rounding out the spare tire.  This thread just might be the push over the edge to get back at it though.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2006, 01:57:53 PM »

Used to body build some years back, last few years been spending working on rounding out the spare tire.  This thread just might be the push over the edge to get back at it though.

Well, if there is anything that we can help out with, just let us know!!  There is enough knowledge of this subject here that we should be able to answer any questions you may have!! ;) :)

Now, in saying that!!  Come back to the darkside!!   ;D ;D ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2006, 06:22:59 PM »

I figured that I would keep this going with a little update, and see how everyone is still doing!!  You guys still training?
  For me, I have still been hard at it, but have run into some injuries the last month or so. ???  First, I had a ligament go in my left forearm, could still do biceps, just not the exercises I wanted to do.  No forearms either!!  But worked through it, and it is feeling a bit better.  Still a bit sore during the workout today, but nothing to severe.
 The big problem came yesterday!!  I did what I thought was a good leg workout.  They had been felling pretty good lately and showing some gains, so over the last 3 leg days, I had bumped it up a notch or 2!!  Well, a couple hrs after the leg workout, I decided to go for a bit of a walk.  The walk was fine, but when I trtied to climb the stairs, I found that I could put no weight at all on my left knee.  I was really killin me.  :-[ So I made it back upstairs, iced it and figured I would hope for the best today.  Well, this morning, got up for work, tried to stretch it out so I could go to work.  But to no avail.  The knee is hooped. :(  At least for a bit.  I got a nice knee wrap, iced it again, and gave it a bit of a massage.  We'll see how it goes for tomorrow.  I can't miss another day of work.  We are really busy right now.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2006, 11:15:53 PM »

Still going at it but been slaggin as far as my diet is concerned. Every second day I am cheating and noticing it. Not like I cant lose it in a matter of a week or two but its just that when its summer and you go out all the time you dont have as much time to prepare meals, especially with 3 kids.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2006, 04:42:46 PM »

Well it is now two weeks until my show.. it has been a long 17 weeks coming lol  I am frickin tired, training has been awesome.. 6 am cardio followed by 6 pm training and then more cardio after that, lets just say that it becomes a lil draining after a while... I was surprised last night how much strength I still have even though I always feel pooped I can still throw around some decent weight!! whats up Big Steel , Eddie 99 ??  you guys still hitting the weights? 

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2006, 07:04:47 PM »

You know I am!! ;D  One of my guys quit at work on tuesday, so it has and will be tough for a bit.  I missed the gym the last couple.  But I am hoping that tomorrow will go smooth and I won't have to work 3 hrs overtime.  Staurday morning for sure, then Sunday as well I will be at the gym.  Not sure about Mon, Tues. Weds as I will be fishing!! ;D ;D  But heck, if I am done as fast as I was on the river last week, I should be able to make it then as well.  So I am just in the proces of climbing over a little road block right now, but will be back up to speed quick!! ;D ;D

Rick, you are starting to look really insane these last couple weeks, and I think that you will do very well at your show.  Good luck man, we will all be cheering you on!! ;) ;D

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2006, 11:14:11 PM »

Although i havn't really posted on this thread, i have been following it, and enjoy reading it.  I have been training pretty good in the off season so far and have got my weight down to about 223 or so from 238 :-X.  I have been traing about 5 times a week and i am at the last stretch before i have to leave for school. My focus this summer is more on quickness and agility rather then strength and size as i am big enough for college hockey.  I am dumbell pressing 100lbs for 8 reps and can deadlift over 400 lbs.  Fitness testing is going to include max squat and max bench.  I am not sure why they would do this as it doesn't really apply to hockey too much and I can see a greater risk of injury for someone trying to squat say 500 pounds or so.  I rarely do squats in my workouts but when i do i stop at three plates a side as there really isn't a need to go heavier. Anyway, lets keep trying to keep this thread alive. Peace
I like ROE

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2006, 10:49:45 AM »

Hey Roeman how tall are you???  I would have never guessed you were carrying that kind of weight around!! I have to say I am impressed !! you definately have an athletic build .. perfect for hockey !! that does seem a little strange going for maximum Squat weight !!  that is where alot of injuries take place, I would like to know their thinking behind that one   ::)  maybe one of these days before you leave we can meet up on the river.. good luck with your training.. and Dave keep doing what you are doing cause it is werkin... just don't get into the habit of missing the gym because we all know how easy it is to not go :) 

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2006, 04:03:22 PM »

Thickrick, I am 6'3''.  I think i get my strength from my moms side as her dad and grandpa were very strong working at the mines in northern ontario.  My dad is pretty slim.  I am not sure of there thinking behind the squat.  I guess, they just want an idea of our leg strength  ??? I was talking to one of the players and he wasn't too sure either.  He said some guys went full out the first year but refused to go to max the next year as their back would just kill them the next week. Anyway, hopefully sometime we can meet up on the river although i don't have to many fishing days left.   :(
I like ROE

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2006, 10:37:07 PM »

I have put on 10lbs in just under 3 weeks. Been training for size and its working great. Getting very strong now as well. I was 195lbs 3 weeks ago and am now 205lbs. I am also 6'3.

I am doing 110lbs on my incline DB Press. Doing 3 plates and a 25 a side on my squat. 8 plates a side for my leg press. Curling 70lb dumbells, Doing a plate a side on upright rows, Doing a plate a side on skull crushers with the EZ Curl bar, Doing a plate and a 25 a side on my CGBP, and doing 5 plates on the T-Bar row. Those are my greatest strength gains so far. Lost most of my six pack though since I have increased my calorie intake quite a bit. I knew I had to sacrifice my leaness to get some size but I will cut it up once I get around 220lbs. Feels good to be strong again  ;D

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »

Roe man, what are the cardio requirments. I've heard in the dub you are expected to be able to run 5:00 miles.  :o
Actions speak louder than words.