Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thinking Of hittingthe veddar River in 2 hours.  (Read 4930 times)

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
Thinking Of hittingthe veddar River in 2 hours.
« on: September 13, 2009, 01:19:24 PM »

Anyone think its worth it? i know right at daylight is the best.. Going to try some roe and see if some jack, coho, or even pinks will get on the line??
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: Thinking Of hittingthe veddar River in 2 hours.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 02:42:56 PM »

we learn by doing.....
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Robert_G

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »

I was out there at 1st light. The fishing wasn't bad. I hooked into 4 chrome Spring Jacks, and a chrome adult of about 30 lbs or so.
By 9:30, the lower river was more of a family reunion then a fishing spot.
Dogs running into the water after sticks...Toddlers in diapers wading around....Your usual sleeper-in type people who show up at 9AM and then stand in the middle of the river (low gin clear water) thinking they are going to get a fish to actually bite.....Then after that the tubers and swimmers start to show up.
I left the river at 10....probably an hour later then I should of stayed.
Yesterday had much less people.
Anyways...the evenings have been decent fishing, but I wouldn't bother starting till after 5PM.

Davis

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 04:33:29 PM »

Don't you just hate it when your trying to fish and people are enjoying the last bit of summer on and in the cool waters of the Vedder.Never fish Salmon season there, only fish the Steel, waters a little too cold for the recreationers to enjoy during the winter months lol

robj

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 05:12:40 PM »

Everyone gets to enjoy the river.  I have left my rod at home and taken my snorkeling gear instead and went snorkeling with the schools of Salmon, both springs and pinks.   Had a great time.  Once the rains start, you will have nothing to worry about.

Have a great day

Rob.

Davis

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »

Everyone gets to enjoy the river.  I have left my rod at home and taken my snorkeling gear instead and went snorkeling with the schools of Salmon, both springs and pinks.   Had a great time.  Once the rains start, you will have nothing to worry about.

Have a great day   

Rob.
Cool ,I have never thought of that, what a nice way to spend the day! The river is for everyone to enjoy especially this time of year!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:25:51 AM by DragonSpeed »

UFC

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »

Anyone think its worth it? i know right at daylight is the best.. Going to try some roe and see if some jack, coho, or even pinks will get on the line??

Will you be posting how you made out tonight?
I'd be interested to know if many coho/springs are showing yet.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 07:17:36 PM »

Once the rains start, you will have nothing to worry about.

Have a great day

Rob.

If they start, last year there wasn't much rain.
We'll see how this year turns out.

The river is full of pinks and stinks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 07:19:34 PM by adriaticum »

rides bike to work

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »

The river was full of pinks tonight also full of fishermen,dam near shoulder to should in places people just snaggin those pinks.Is it just me or is there alot more people fishing these days?

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 08:14:40 PM »

Nice!! really appreciate it guys! I think i'm going to hit it first thing in the morning!  didn't make it out today, so hopefully tomorrow will be a good morning!  I'll update you guys when i get home tomorrow!

Franky,

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 09:10:43 PM »

Nice!! really appreciate it guys! I think i'm going to hit it first thing in the morning!  didn't make it out today, so hopefully tomorrow will be a good morning!  I'll update you guys when i get home tomorrow!

Franky,

I was there at first light today. It was great I walked away from the crowds and found a great stretch of fly fishing water. I didn't know it was great until the third or fourth cast then fish on! It was pretty consistent action for me on the fly. I hooked a fish or 2 every 20 to 25 casts or so for a few hours. there are not all pinks either ;) but they are there in abundance. were i was they were in very good condition as well.They actually looked just like the one i got in Richmond a week ago! i kept a couple pinks. The gear fisherman that were near me(about 3 of them) hooked fish every single cast!! not sure how tho. ::)

Its defiantly worth it! have fun man. :)

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 09:22:18 PM »

I was there at first light today. It was great I walked away from the crowds and found a great stretch of fly fishing water. I didn't know it was great until the third or fourth cast then fish on! It was pretty consistent action for me on the fly. I hooked a fish or 2 every 20 to 25 casts or so for a few hours. there are not all pinks either ;) but they are there in abundance. were i was they were in very good condition as well.They actually looked just like the one i got in Richmond a week ago! i kept a couple pinks. The gear fisherman that were near me(about 3 of them) hooked fish every single cast!! not sure how tho. ::)

Its defiantly worth it! have fun man. :)

Sweet! im going to bed now!! got me super excited!! I know ppl don't like giving up the spots.. but i thinking around lower from the vedder bridge? what do ya think? upper or lower?

Franky,

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 09:34:16 PM »

Sweet! im going to bed now!! got me super excited!! I know ppl don't like giving up the spots.. but i thinking around lower from the vedder bridge? what do ya think? upper or lower?

Franky,

go away from crowds and they bite more frequently. they actually bite! fish are fresher in the lower i believe.pinks and spring anyway. try both and see what works.
let us know how you make out.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »

Certainly was a lot of people out, tried for 15 minutes the decided to pick up some garbage, tins and visited with a few from the forum with one having two nice jacks. ;D Was disappointed to see a family of 4 just snagging pinks and they had a about 6 or 7 does in a rock pool. I mentioned it was not the correct way to be fishing but they just gave me a blank stare. To bad to see young people starting out their angling career in such a manner but it is the norm these days it seems in a lot of cases. :(

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 10:51:10 PM »

Certainly was a lot of people out, tried for 15 minutes the decided to pick up some garbage, tins and visited with a few from the forum with one having two nice jacks. ;D Was disappointed to see a family of 4 just snagging pinks and they had a about 6 or 7 does in a rock pool. I mentioned it was not the correct way to be fishing but they just gave me a blank stare. To bad to see young people starting out their angling career in such a manner but it is the norm these days it seems in a lot of cases. :(

lot of that out there today Chris. I did see one father teaching his daughter how not to fish and being very vocal about it to them when the girls started jerking the rods trying to snag .