Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Winter fishing southern sweden.  (Read 2118 times)

Ethan

Winter fishing southern sweden.
« on: October 30, 2008, 09:45:07 AM »

I go to sweden once or twice a year for about a month, and this year i am to be around Linköping sweden for about 4 weeks. and, as is my tradition when i go to visit family in sweden, i will spend all of my free time fishing. but fishing sweden at christmas is a new idea for me, and i am not sure where to start, I know its a longshot but would anyone have any advice on how to fish the lakes in sweden? keep in mind the lakes are filled with Pike and Perch, and at  the time i will be there the lake may very well be in the process of freezin over  :'( - my worst nightmare -.  if the lakes are partly frozen what should i do? and what should i use?  I was  there in the summer and i caught over 40 pike while there, and god knows how many perch,  but i caught all on spoons and spinners, and i dont think this will work with the cold temperature >:( .    any info or advice would be greatly appreciated,   
thanks, Ethan
if your hands arent sore and your arms arent tired you havent been fishing long enough :p

Ethan

Re: Winter fishing southern sweden.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 09:50:02 AM »

im not sure if i accidentally put this in the bc fishing area or not,  but if i did,  sorry bout that  :D
if your hands arent sore and your arms arent tired you havent been fishing long enough :p

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »

Rodney fishes Denmark, fish specie available would be similar.  Rod?  Any suggestion?

vaskerelva

• Born to fish, forced to work
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 03:43:41 PM »

Hi
Normally there will be no ice this time of the year, and you will be able to fish in the ostersjoen. There you can find seetraut very big as well, pike and European bass. There is also a lot of Atlantic salmon in ostersjoen - they are normally in deeper water, so you will need  boat.
Good luck :D
Fear no fish

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 04:33:23 PM »

Linköping is pretty far up from Denmark. I've never been that far up in Sweden so I can't comment where to fish in the area.

On January 1st this year I did a trip for sea trout in Southern Sweden. My understanding is that sea trout fishing on Swedish coast is closed in the fall until December 31st. It reopens on January 1st and fishing can be very good.

http://fishingwithrod.wordpress.com/2008/01/01/starting-2008-on-the-swedish-coast/

I'm hoping to be flyfishing for northern pike in brackish water up there in a few weeks from now. ;D

Take a look at http://www.globalflyfisher.com/ and post the same question in their forum. The website is run by four individuals, but my friend Martin in Denmark is the main guy who takes care most of the items on the website. He has fished around the world extensively so he might be able to provide some feedbacks. There are also quite a few Swedish contributors on that site. You might even find a few who can show you around during your visit. :)

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »

I remember Linköping, it was the first human waste recycling plant and using the power to produce electricity.  ;D ;D