Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature comforts for wife and fishing for husband...can they co-exist?  (Read 8033 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer

I would second the suggestion of tigh-na-mara. I haven't personally been, but it is apparently one of the nicest places around on the island. You can pretty much pamper her as much as you want there with massages, etc.

Normally the rivers around there are awesome to explore, but they are currently closed and will be closed until September 30. The beaches may have pinks by then.

You could also check out some places in tofino. They might be fully booked by now though.

ByteMe

Our vacation plans have taken a sudden turn, so I am looking for a fishing locale that offers excellent accomodations for the wife (indoor plumbing, comfy sitting inside, no mossies, and a pool) with freshwater or saltwater fishing (shore or pontoon) for the husband.

My wife is not a roughing kind of gal...roughing it would be 3 star for her :). So for the vacation to meet both our needs there needs to be good to excellent accomodations for her and fishing for me.       

I'm thinking ECVI or south island or even Sunshine Coast for the beach fishing, but I'm not familiar with any freshwater r lakes that would fit the bill.

Timing is mid August.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Sign her up for a 7 day membership at Ashley Madison.com :)

August is a great month beach fishing for pinks around the Nile Creek area, especially this year as they are late, lots of resorts in the Parksville/Qualicum area.....also an hour's drive to Campbell River, as both the Campbell and Quinsum Rivers are open for pinks
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh

scouterjames

• Old Timer

I would second the suggestion of tigh-na-mara. I haven't personally been, but it is apparently one of the nicest places around on the island. You can pretty much pamper her as much as you want there with massages, etc.

Normally the rivers around there are awesome to explore, but they are currently closed and will be closed until September 30. The beaches may have pinks by then.

You could also check out some places in tofino. They might be fully booked by now though.

Tigh-na-mara is big time creature comforts - including a full on spa with mineral pool, sauna, massage, all the ladylike spa treatments she could wish for!  The ONLY drawback (for some of us) is expense.... you DO get what you pay for there - it IS amazing!  It's a beautiful place, with beautiful rooms, awesome restaurant..... waterfront rooms are AWESOME!  If you have been saving airmiles, they used to (dunno if they still do) have packages available on the airmiles.ca website too!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

dereke

• Old Timer

juno that was really disrepectful    some of us like to have the best of both worlds  and our loving   partners  are willing to put up with it  that doesnt make some one  a ball and chain but  as per the guidlines for members  wasnt that an attack or insult to another member .... 
Sounds more to me like he's trying to plan a nice getaway for him and his lady.

Both of you are over sensitive geez... Learn to laugh a little
always a student

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Just calling it like I see it. Nothing sensitive about it. The man wants to take his wife somewhere nice.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!

Tigh-na-mara is big time creature comforts - including a full on spa with mineral pool, sauna, massage, all the ladylike spa treatments she could wish for!  The ONLY drawback (for some of us) is expense.... you DO get what you pay for there - it IS amazing!  It's a beautiful place, with beautiful rooms, awesome restaurant..... waterfront rooms are AWESOME!  If you have been saving airmiles, they used to (dunno if they still do) have packages available on the airmiles.ca website too!

Sure is a great place! The wife and I are booked there from Sept 5th to the 12th. We go every year. Not only does the wife like the spa treatment, so do I!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

clarki

• Old Timer

I know Tigh Na Mara well. The new Mrs clarki and I had part of our honeymoon there many moons ago. Back then, there were individual cabins, with plasic covers on the mattresses  :o
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:49:18 AM by clarki »