Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shuswap/lake dowmrigger  (Read 2061 times)

Alomar

Shuswap/lake dowmrigger
« on: June 08, 2015, 09:04:23 PM »

Going to shuswap in August for ten days, already looking forward to it, bringing a 12' Lund and plan on doing some trolling, I know first light light and just before dark will be the best fishing since it is in the middle of summer, probably going to try some apex's and may b some Lymans.  A couple questions, use a flasher of some sort or just the lure, also was thinking of getting a lake down rigger which probably only holds 3 /5 lbs, with blow back anyone know how deep I can drop it? Any help fishing this lake would be great, staying in Magna bay, thanx alot

Capt. jack

• fishing on piers bc
Re: Shuswap/lake dowmrigger
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 05:53:30 PM »

If you get a Scotty lake troller DR, max depth is 100 ft, max weight is 5 lbs. 
"What? Every body knows I drink coffee when I watch sonar"

rootbeer

Re: Shuswap/lake dowmrigger
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »

There are some great resources regarding Shuswap Lake.  There are strict regulations so make sure and check those.  Westside Stores in Salmon Arm is a great local resource for what is working and can help set you up.  Also http://www.reelfishingadventures.net/ has a lot of information regarding the lake, just make sure and turn down your speakers as the music on the website can be a bit startling if you aren't prepared for it.  Downrigger at that time of year would be really helpful as the fish do tend to head to the depths.