Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone ever use RAPP?  (Read 1344 times)

Driller

• Keeping it real.
Anyone ever use RAPP?
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »

Saw a dude with a wet suit on, and a mask and snorkel swimming through a massive pool filled with salmon.  I was curious.  So I says to the guy "Are you counting fish?  Or are you just having fun?"  Stupid first part of the question, 'counting fish'.  Like how can a guy count a pool with over 500 fish in it.  At any rate, I figure must be having fun, looked cool swimming amongst all of the wild fish.  Then he shows me his Hawaiian sling!  The galdarn guy was spearing fish.  HE bragged about getting one, then I saw him get another.  He let out a roar like all of this testosterone was surging through his body.  I kept quiet and just observed.
They were driving dirt bikes.  I thought about taking the spark plug wires off their bikes.  Teach them a lesson.  Instead, I tried to get some small talk.  Out of that I got one of their names, and where they were from.
I could've said something, and looking back now I wish I would've but I was out walking with my young nephews and was not wanting andy confrontation.
I reported them to the RAPP.  Gave them a description of the dirt bikes, where they could be found, physical description, name etc.  Hope it worked.

Not sure how many people use the RAPP line, but I think it's a good idea to have it on the phone as a speed dial. 
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

MIKE1

Re: Anyone ever use RAPP?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 08:27:51 PM »

Saw a dude with a wet suit on, and a mask and snorkel swimming through a massive pool filled with salmon.  I was curious.  So I says to the guy "Are you counting fish?  Or are you just having fun?"  Stupid first part of the question, 'counting fish'.  Like how can a guy count a pool with over 500 fish in it.  At any rate, I figure must be having fun, looked cool swimming amongst all of the wild fish.  Then he shows me his Hawaiian sling!  The galdarn guy was spearing fish.  HE bragged about getting one, then I saw him get another.  He let out a roar like all of this testosterone was surging through his body.  I kept quiet and just observed.
They were driving dirt bikes.  I thought about taking the spark plug wires off their bikes.  Teach them a lesson.  Instead, I tried to get some small talk.  Out of that I got one of their names, and where they were from.
I could've said something, and looking back now I wish I would've but I was out walking with my young nephews and was not wanting andy confrontation.
I reported them to the RAPP.  Gave them a description of the dirt bikes, where they could be found, physical description, name etc.  Hope it worked.

Not sure how many people use the RAPP line, but I think it's a good idea to have it on the phone as a speed dial. 

Where was this? I can't believe that he would think thats ok.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
Re: Anyone ever use RAPP?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 08:31:14 PM »

You definitely did the right thing Driller. You just did what you found appropriate at the time. I hope they can find those poachers and give them a lesson.

A couple of years ago I was travelling on a ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay when I saw a couple carrying on of those. They said they found the sling on a beach near the ferry terminal but wanted to try it for salmon fishing!!!!!! I was able to convince the young couple by saying that spear fishing in BC is probably illegal and they'd better verify the DFO/local regs.