Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with Bar Fishing......  (Read 2704 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Help with Bar Fishing......
« on: June 03, 2005, 10:46:49 PM »

I have never bar fished but it sounds like fun.. How do i do it.... what do i tie up.... Also where do i do it.  From reading it i can see its done in the fraser but where are the Bars... like are there designated spots or do you just drive to the fraser and go anywhere...... I dont want and secret spots but maybe one of the common spots... Thanks boys and girls.....
see ya on the river

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Help with Bar Fishing......
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 10:53:15 PM »

Go to any tackle shop and pick yourself up a couple of bar rigs and some bar weights. While there, pick up a book entitled Bar Fishing the Lower Fraser River by Hugh Heighton. The book is approximately $5.00 and it shows you the rigging and the locations of several bars along the Fraser. Use roe or dew worms for bait. Bring yourself a nice chair and you're set.

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 11:01:52 PM »

does that book tell me where to go in the river.... Is it alot of fun or is it better to drift fish...

how far away from vancouver is the nearest productive bar that you can fish from shore
see ya on the river

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 12:11:58 AM »

Yes, that book gives directions to the popular bars in the Lower Fraser. There are many, many bars near Vancouver. Any bars in Richmond is good.