Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis Dec 30.05  (Read 2534 times)

Addicted To Steel

Chehalis Dec 30.05
« on: December 30, 2005, 05:33:23 PM »

Nothing hooked, nothing seen :( lot's of fishermen.

Youngin

• Old Timer
Re: Chehalis Dec 30.05
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 06:53:02 PM »

Nothing seen!? are you kidding me?! i was there a few days ago and Hundreds!!!! maybe a thousand cohos in CLEAR water!! where were you looking? they were all boot but I even saw a few steelhead!! next time stop at the small bridge before the hatchery and take a stroll down!!!

Addicted To Steel

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 07:17:49 PM »

Youngin, I was referring to Steelhead. Of course there were colored Coho around. I didn't see or hook any Steelies.

oldtimehockey

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 07:17:58 PM »

I was there this morning and saw plenty of Coho.  Hooked and released two coloured ones.  Didn't see any chromers though.  These two guys who were fishing beside me were snagging and keeping some ugly looking coho's.  They're going to get a nice suprise when they bite into those beauties :-[
"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father"
-Greg Norman

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 07:38:46 PM »

Addicted to Steel, where were you ? and what were you wearing/using ? I was out today, had 1-2 hooked. Fished above the hatch for most of the day, but below easter seal. Spent a long time sitting at a pool downstream of the hatch just relaxing with a buddy. There was indeed quite a few people out on the flow today.

Ended up fihsing a pool for a while, had 15-20 coho (a number of clean ones). They didn't seem to respond to my roe, so I switched over to blades and got a response after the first few casts. Cut off the float and tied on a blue-fox and had a lot of chasers, but no takers. I was watching my spinner move through the pool and a coho darted over from 6-8 ft away, i thought he had it, set it, slack line, no fish. It was one of the clean ones too.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

Addicted To Steel

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 08:15:13 PM »

Hi Spudcote, I fished the Easter Seal at first light, then went up to the pump house. I fished there for awhile then went on the other side by the root tree and above across from the C hole.
I have a black old river vest, green breathable waders, and a big Malamute dog. I had a brood tube with me as well hanging off of my back.

I did not fish below the Easter Seel run today but I know which pool your probably talking about with all the Coho in it above the Hatchery and below the Easter Seel. it is where the Conference run used to be. It shoots from a narrow little slot into a big pool which is right next to that big log jam in the middle of the two splits.

I don't bother mentioning the Coho in my report because I take it most of us are hunting Steel right now, although there are still the odd cleaner Coho around. I fished that pool on Wednesday, and couldn't stay away from the Coho in there.

The water was a little on the low side for the Gun Barrel below the Hatchery, that's why I stayed above the Indian split at the Easter Seel.

I probably saw about 15 guys from the Easter Seel to the C hole, and quite a few cars at the Hatchery when I left, and a few at Purdy's.

I fished until around 11AM from daylight, and didn't see any STEELHEAD hooked.

Congrats on the clean Coho!! They're not too common right now with all the colored ones around.

Tight Lines,

ATS
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 08:18:15 PM by Addicted To Steel »

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 09:51:33 AM »

thx for the report
weeeeeeeeeow!