Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Derby Reach - Aug 27th  (Read 2246 times)

52buick

• These pretzels are making me thirsty!!
Derby Reach - Aug 27th
« on: August 27, 2005, 03:20:46 PM »

Just got back from a quick look to see if the pinks had shown up in any numbers...lo and behold, what do I see anchored 80-100ft offshore at the west end of the beach? A native commercial gillnetter(#29511) had put in a set net from the beach (actually 10 ft off the beach). Only a partly out though...only out far enough to ensure that no fish will get by to be caught by any of the dozen or so barfishers or spoon casters on the beach. >:( Tensions are gonna rise with that sort of behavior out on the river. By the way, not another boat or net to be seen in that area. My guess is that it was done just to try to clear that area of any sportsfishers  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 04:15:01 PM by 52buick »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Derby Reach - Aug 27th
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 07:04:02 PM »

That sucks !

Fish Bug

• I'm Italian
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 08:03:51 PM »

Yes I was in Steveston and watched many FN boat net fishing, I wonder about cruelty to the fish they throw overboard, we get fine for misshandle a fish in the river and FN cast many fish half dad hi overboard for every body on shore to see, where is DFO? and the animal protection groups? and the animal lover that make lots of noises about our Aquarium fish?
Note, many of those discarted fish will be a welcome food to many family table.
Shame FN cries poverty.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 10:17:13 PM »

Yes I was in Steveston and watched many FN boat net fishing, I wonder about cruelty to the fish they throw overboard, we get fine for misshandle a fish in the river and FN cast many fish half dad hi overboard for every body on shore to see, where is DFO? and the animal protection groups? and the animal lover that make lots of noises about our Aquarium fish?
Note, many of those discarted fish will be a welcome food to many family table.
Shame FN cries poverty.

Well, they catch/eat the top quality sockeyes and we eat whatever they don't want.  DFO makes sure of that. Some body should get the TV camera there to show all what a 'food fishery' it really is. Pathetic!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 10:21:25 PM by funfish »

Muddler

• Tight Lines!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 08:43:24 AM »

They also busted three guys poaching sturgeon there last week in a fairly remote area of the park. Apparently they had a 5 footer up on shore ready to kill.