Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, July 20th 2014  (Read 2057 times)

aaron600

Chilliwack River, July 20th 2014
« on: July 21, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »

Drove to my brothers place on Saturday for a bbq out in Aldergrove and decided to get up around the crack of noon on Sunday since I was out that way to show him how to float fish for Salmon. Halfway to his place I realized I left my cured roe in my fridge so I stopped by wholesale and picked up some roe and did the worst/quickest cure I had done. The roe would only last about 2 casts before you needed to throw some more of that slop on the hook.

We arrived at the River at about 12:45 on Sunday. We didn't see anyone fishing, but a couple people who had been fishing earlier came to watch us. They said they didn't have any bites and had been there for about 4 hours since 7am. They said they had seen one guy catch a nice spring further up river. They apparently were using roe and spinners. There were 4 of us fishing roe for about 3 hours and just before we were about to wrap things up my brother caught an 8.7lb red spring salmon. His first time salmon fishing, I think hes hooked pun intended.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:05:09 AM by aaron600 »

Brothersage

Re: Chilliwack River, July 20th 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »

Great job, Good for you!!!!

Floater

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, July 20th 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 03:52:25 PM »

They do exist ! good job.
[