Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River, October 19th 2013  (Read 3425 times)

aaron600

Capilano River, October 19th 2013
« on: October 19, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »

Fished lower Capilano River around 10am this morning. There was about 6 others with me and a lot of snags. Only saw one guy land a coho after about 3 hours of fishing. Lots of fish but not biting very much. I caught a small (7lb) spring and noticed the meat was very white while cleaning. I offered it to one of the other fishermen and he seemed pleased to take it off my hands. Good day but it's hard to leave with a 7lb spring when you see 30lbrs jumping  ::)

nickredway

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano River, October 19th 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:38:42 PM »

FYI they are nearly all whites!

RyanB

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 10:21:59 PM »

I was fishing the Cap on the same day and didn't see any chrome fish.  All the coho were dark and falling apart.  I saw three chinooks chasing other fish around and they had white patches.

‘Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard’ - Ron Swanson

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 09:07:12 AM »

Did you catch any of those Cap Shopping carts?  :'(

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »

Water level is super low now. Forget broken shopping carts, even the rocks will make it hard for fresh fish to enter the system.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »

Went for a walk. Water so low you could hop across the tailout of the cable pool to the cliff side without waders with ease. Picked up a handful of lead and fishing line from between the rocks. The usual suspects were "fishing" still, even though this fishery is done for the season, IMO.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »

Done? Hehe oh i get it   ;)
[

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »

Went for a walk. Water so low you could hop across the tailout of the cable pool to the cliff side without waders with ease. Picked up a handful of lead and fishing line from between the rocks. The usual suspects were "fishing" still, even though this fishery is done for the season, IMO.

I couldn't believe how low it is... lower then low.    There is one dude at Cable Pool snagging that I have seen for years and years.  Guess he has never been fined.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »

Are you talking about the heavy set guy with dark hair?  He and his little goof troop are brutal.  Im just guessing but I think they come from a halfhay house or some sort of group home...never by themselves, always in a group, 2 or 3 of them are deaf & mute, and all of them are snaggers...its brutal.

If its the same guy, I too dont have a clue how he hasnt been writen up. 

How can he not realize what he is doing is wrong.  Casting in a lead weight with a 5 foot leader and a hook, and then snagging fish....that is not fishing.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »

One of the guys used to go to my school, I have him on Facebook. Some of the stuff he posts and the fish handling displayed in some of his pictures is terrible. Ive had talks with him many times and nothing. Even told him that he  can't kill cap steelhead the night before he posted a picture of a dead one...

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 02:15:01 AM »

Are you talking about the heavy set guy with dark hair?  He and his little goof troop are brutal.  Im just guessing but I think they come from a halfhay house or some sort of group home...never by themselves, always in a group, 2 or 3 of them are deaf & mute, and all of them are snaggers...its brutal.

If its the same guy, I too dont have a clue how he hasnt been writen up. 

How can he not realize what he is doing is wrong.  Casting in a lead weight with a 5 foot leader and a hook, and then snagging fish....that is not fishing.

I know exactly that group you are referring to.  Haven't seen them recently but did quite a bit during the summer.   The guy I was referring to is single guy who is there often with a goatee and a tan fishing vest usually with a cig butt hanging out of his mouth and has the half-way house look as well.   

They all have the same setup as you described with the lead and leader with hook.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 02:34:19 PM »

I know both the group of young guys Gooey is talking about, as well as the older guy with the goatee. I see them there often.

The deaf polish boy and the heavier set guy with dark hair usually come in a trio with the deaf guy's brother. I've spoken to the brother before, he doesn't usually fish, he just drives the other two there from Burnaby I believe. I've talked to him about snagging before but they don't really care (evidently).

The guy with the goatee (I think he walks with a limp) was there when I was walking the other day when the river was lower than a duck pond. I've seen him arguing there with Alex (CO) before, I'm sure he has been caught at least once but keeps coming back.