Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sunshine Coast, September 21st & 22nd 2013: Flossing vs Drifting roe  (Read 1237 times)

aaron600

So I went to the sunshine coast this weekend with my wife and my buddy to try and catch some nice Coho and Spring salmon. Arrived at our fishing spot around 8:30 am on Saturday and the water was very low due to lack of rain. Within 15 minutes I had 2 nice coho. 1 was 5lbs the other was 8lbs. My wife and my buddy both managed to bring a couple in as well. Towards the end of the fishing day we had a couple of the locals come by and the first thing one of the guys asked was " Hows the snagging?" My response " Uh were not snagging no need to when they are attacking the roe". "Oh the only way to catch these fish is flossing"(Snagging). "LOL ok buddy".  So  we witnessed these two clowns crowed our spot with us for about 2 hours as we watched them snag nothing but nasty looking pink salmon. Not once did they manage to get a Coho. At one point one of the guys  hooked up with a Pinks tail and his buddy cast over his line making a huge tangled mess of things.  My wife, myself and my friend were only getting takes from Coho on the roe. Not once did we have any Pinks in the stream take our roe. Flossers I mean snaggers (0) Fisher men and women (1)

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
Re: Sunshine Coast, September 21st & 22nd 2013: Flossing vs Drifting roe
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 02:56:06 PM »

Gotta love these kind of reports, thanks. :)