Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, November 2nd 2011  (Read 1143 times)

66TWH

Tidal Fraser River, November 2nd 2011
« on: November 02, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »

Today was bad for me too. I tried the early morning tide just to see and it was way too much. It proved that the late afteroon low with not as much fluctuation was sooo important to where i am. Sadly that tide is way into dark this week so fishing is off.  I seen fish moving on surface in one spot but nothing would trigger them. I think it could have been just one fish the way it was wondering around doing the same things.
Anyways .......rode it for all it was worth and happy with the results i had this past month.             

Knife

Re: Tidal Fraser River, November 2nd 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »

I made it out this morning as well, and also found the tide very low compared to last weeks afternoon low. Lost a few more darn lures because it was to low. Also noticed the water was not as clear.
 Started fishing at 7:30, but did't hook any fish until 9. After taking a couple of pictures I released a 7 lb. wild buck. Next fish just before 10, but lost in after a good fight. Released two more around 11, both  males, after a few more pictures. It seems that two small groups of coho went by at 9 and 11 and then it was over. Noticing less fish surfacing so I think it's time to quit till next year.
 Glad you had a good run 66. Maybe we can stir up some intrest in this type of fishing next season. Now I wait for stealhead seasion.