Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: chilliwak nov5  (Read 2834 times)

adecadelost

chilliwak nov5
« on: November 06, 2006, 11:01:52 AM »

Well I've been floating around lurking for a while now so I thought it was only fair that I start posting up some reports and giving back a little bit.
Let me start off by saying that I won't be posting too much in the way of locations, as it seems to draw quite a crowd and I'm not about to be responsible for that.  At the most I'll give the river name.  If anyone wants specific info from me in the future please PM me as I won't be putting anything out on the web.  Just cause you PM me though, don't expect a drawn map, if you're worthy you will get a bit better spot location.  OK enough of my opening rant.

So the boys and I finally got our act together about noon and got up on the Chilliwak late yesterday.  The water was moving high and fast.  Not blown out yet though.  Visibility was about a foot and a half and got better as the day moved on.  We spent a lot of time hiking first off trying to find a good spot.  A few people into fish but nothing to the beach.  It was a slow start and not that many fish caught (to me a fish caught is a fish to the beach) Finally managed to get into two nice clean fish one a small Chinook doe, very clean.  Actually thought it was a Coho as it was so bright still.  She probably hadn't been in the river more then a day or so.  My buddy also had one nice Chum to the beach.  A little bit of a bar on her but still very clean. 
As the evening wore down another push of fresh fish came in.  Still lots of Chinook coming up and some Coho too.  I think we are still in for some more clean Coho pushing through this season but we'll have to see if the rivers cooperate visibility wise.  Not the best day of fishing but still a day on the river.  At least the rain held off.

I'll probably head out again for first light tomorrow, just not sure where yet.  Have to wait and see what the rain does.

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: chilliwak nov5
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 11:40:27 AM »

Well for those that venture...out there...good luck to you if you are able to get into some fish. With the amount of rain falling in Chilliwack Sunday night and today the Vedder is going to be running high and muddy. If you do venture, out do so with extreme caution, the banks of the river will be very unstable due to the high flow of water.

adecadelost

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:05:51 PM »

Thanks Dennyman, That's great advice for us all.  Please be careful out there folks it's wet slippery and unstable.  And remember that the small stream you cross over to get to a hole could be a raging river by the end of the day.

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 04:42:19 PM »

Great report
crab cakes

adecadelost

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 05:50:26 PM »

Ya looks like the rain put a real change to my plans.   I think pretty much everything is going to be blown out tomorrow.  Guess I'm forced to take care of all those domestic things that have been piling up.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:06:23 PM »

I have heard rumours that some homes along the river have been lost. Evacuation is going on there. It is scary. Stay home & be safe.

Yopesco

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:26:02 PM »

Heard in CKNW this afternoon that there were 200 houses along the Chiliwack Lake road evacuated or very close to it, and people living in those houses saying that they have never seen the river that high and strong, I hope it'll be OK for all of them.
Sounds like a bad idea to go in the next few days.

Yopesco

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 03:03:11 AM »

Why would someone buy a house on a flood plain ? ???

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 06:22:14 AM »

We like to be close to the fishing. We in the Valley all live in the flood plain some are just a little closer than others. If the Fraser every floods again we all will in the water. We here are Ok as we have the Leaf Craft. ;D ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 08:49:50 AM »

We here are Ok as we have the Leaf Craft. ;D ;D

As long as the bottom doesn't fall out, the same which happens to the Laugh's every year  ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 11:53:27 AM »

As long as the bottom doesn't fall out, the same which happens to the Laugh's every year  ;D
;D ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 02:35:30 AM »

;D ;D