Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Time For Cutts  (Read 3291 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Time For Cutts
« on: August 07, 2004, 12:34:11 AM »

Just got back from getting 60 dew worms, in the lawn, boy those guys are fast. ;D Almost as fast as a coho pulling the Drennan down. Not long until we will start after those guys. ;D ;D

I refuse to pay 3 to 4 dollars for a dozen being a OAP. The rain we had today was enough to bring the dews up for a drink and I had fun getting them.

MY boys use to so it and made a few dollars many years ago, I do not think they have forgiven me yet. ;D ;D  Good training on making their first spending money. I remember when it was dry going on the golf courses with them and trying to avoid the pro pickers. ::)

Was an adventure to them, but good times in the long run when we look back.

I got the worms as the searuns start up the Fraser now so will try a trip sometime next week. We get some dandies in the 16 to 17 inch range. Wonderful fish and give you a good fight. Remember you can only rertain hatchery cutts.

Give it a try as always lots of bites, very good for young anglers.  I have caught pike minnows, suckers, catfish, bullheads, crayfish, even a number of sturgeon including one 3 feet long and some 3 inches long.

It is a good fishery for a change and there is usually not many anglers around so very enjoyable.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re:Time For Cutts
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 12:40:50 AM »

Is this a bar fishery or float fishing gig ?

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 12:42:43 AM »

Yup!!! Cutthroat I fish for on my fly-rod with my tied epoxy minnows and muddlers. I catch and release all of them. Time to fill the fly-box!!!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 01:19:03 AM »

Is this a bar fishery or float fishing gig ?
Fish on the bottom with the dews.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 08:12:36 AM »

hmm Im glad its not just me who has coho on the brain :D Also glad the Pitt crew isnt alone in its worm fishing ;D