Donald Trump
- 17 (38.6%)
Joe Biden
- 25 (56.8%)
Other
- 2 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 04, 2020, 10:08:03 AM

Author Topic: Poll: Question on the U.S. Presidential election  (Read 14344 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Poll: Question on the U.S. Presidential election
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2020, 01:40:36 PM »

sorry, my error Sanders did take California.

However, Biden won the most delegates (more than half available) on that particular day that was super Tuesday and took 10 of the 14 state primaries.  ::)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/03/us/elections/results-super-tuesday-primary-election.html

After that day (March 3rd) Biden took most of the primaries often with big majorities, Sanders much less so, which you can read & see here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

correct, never argued that. just want to make the case as to why biden won in the first place because without the others dropping out early at the same time he would not have won. i also believe someone was telling warren to stay in the race to pull some of the vote from sanders. it was rigged just like it was in 2016. then you wonder why the democratic party is hated so much.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2020, 01:46:25 PM »

Biden wins Michigan. Republicans going to the Supreme Court to halt counting in Pennsylvania claiming voter fraud with no evidence to substantiate their claims.

this isn't a surprise. he has been saying this for weeks, even though trumps own fbi director contradicts what hes saying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/us/politics/fbi-director-voter-fraud.html

Dubs604

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2020, 01:58:43 PM »

this isn't a surprise. he has been saying this for weeks, even though trumps own fbi director contradicts what hes saying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/us/politics/fbi-director-voter-fraud.html

Let’s hope Biden’s leads on Arizona and Nevada hold. If so, Biden hits 270 and Trump’s bellyaching about Penn won’t matter.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2020, 02:09:32 PM »

correct, never argued that. just want to make the case as to why biden won in the first place because without the others dropping out early at the same time he would not have won. i also believe someone was telling warren to stay in the race to pull some of the vote from sanders. it was rigged just like it was in 2016. then you wonder why the democratic party is hated so much.

they dropped out because it was clear they could not win. Their funding dried up as it always does when it's clear a candidate can't win Most supported Biden to unify the party and keep Sanders out. Sanders is not a Democrat and largely regarded as the spoiler in 2016 after supporters declared they would rather vote for Trump than Clinton an accusation that contains much truth IMO.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/mar/02/how-can-bernie-sanders-run-democratic-primary-when/

Within the Democratic Party Sanders was also widely considered to be not electable due to his left of centre politics. In the same vein Kamala Harris was considered by many independent voters to be "too progressive" and may have hurt Joe Biden's performance at the polls yesterday, as may his pledge to slowly phase out fossil fuel and the apparent false claim he would ban fracking. Otherwise the ticket may have had a closer chance in Texas.

Personally I think that Sanders was too old and too left of centre to be electable. Likewise I wonder why the party did not have a younger more vigorous candidate than Biden. I doubt he will run again in '04 if he is elected.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2020, 02:11:35 PM »

Biden wins Michigan. Republicans going to the Supreme Court to halt counting in Pennsylvania claiming voter fraud with no evidence to substantiate their claims.

interesting to note Trump claimed fraud and stated he would go to court before Nov 3rd and now claim there was fraud at the polls in Philadelphia. I think they are reading from the same script put together in 2016.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2020, 03:09:57 PM »

they dropped out because it was clear they could not win. Their funding dried up as it always does when it's clear a candidate can't win Most supported Biden to unify the party and keep Sanders out. Sanders is not a Democrat and largely regarded as the spoiler in 2016 after supporters declared they would rather vote for Drumpf than Clinton an accusation that contains much truth IMO.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/mar/02/how-can-bernie-sanders-run-democratic-primary-when/

Within the Democratic Party Sanders was also widely considered to be not electable due to his left of centre politics. In the same vein Kamala Harris was considered by many independent voters to be "too progressive" and may have hurt Joe Biden's performance at the polls yesterday, as may his pledge to slowly phase out fossil fuel and the apparent false claim he would ban fracking. Otherwise the ticket may have had a closer chance in Texas.

Personally I think that Sanders was too old and too left of centre to be electable. Likewise I wonder why the party did not have a younger more vigorous candidate than Biden. I doubt he will run again in '04 if he is elected.

can you blame them for voting for trump. i can't. in 2016 trump was saying all the right things to get elected. end the wars, take on big pharma, make america great again, etc. of course all of this was just talk. this time not so much. like who really gives a play about hunter bidens meth addiction. i would not have voted for hillary under any circumstance.

talk about a great strategy. lets alienate the young progressive vote trying to become active in the political process in the democratic party and then blame them when they jump ship. you have to earn those votes, you are not entitled to them.

sanders is to old? hes basically the same age as biden and trump. sanders policies are not far left. he would be a centrist in most countries of the world. biden is just buying time for pete buttigieg who will be the next corporate democratic candidate. alexandria ocasio cortez will be the next champion for the progressive's. she will be a power house because of how she is able to communicate with the younger generations. she was on a streaming service called twitch where young people live cast themselves playing games and socializing with each other. she had over 400,000 watching her live stream a few weeks ago.

kamala is not a progressive and if she was do you really think biden would have made her vp. no chance. she was picked by biden for identity politics purposes.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »

certainly Trump, Biden and Sanders all being Septuagenarians makes me wonder about the state of leadership in that country. Certainly in the Senate there are few if any bright lights on either side. Bernie notably had a heart attack during the primary campaign. Both Pelosi (80)and McConnell (78 ) are of the same generation. Much of the trouble is such old people not retiring and making way for a new generation. No wonder politics have become so stale and reactionary!

Also please be sure to distinguish my interpretation of some US voters perception of Kamala and other candidates from how I see them. I do however think the paucity of capable leaders in the US both in politics and business is symptomatic of the country's state of decline.

Trump really did many things in reverse to what he promised not the least is the massive increase in defense spending. The entire right wing of the country simply can't feel comfortable without the world's most massive and useless arsenal of nuclear weapons... and no foe of equal significance to use them on. China in the meantime maintains only a modest retaliatory force of ICBMs and has scaled back it's naval expansion.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2020, 09:43:36 AM »

Biden wins Pennsylvania and is now President Elect!

Trump reached at his Saturday exercise session reacts:

https://youtu.be/60MdyQLeq_Y?t=243

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »

40% of the responses are in favour of Trump? hmm....

Fake news. The real president has never moved that much in his life

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2020, 10:43:49 AM »

Biden wins Pennsylvania and is now President Elect!

I miss the days of Robert_G, particularly when he categorically stated that Trump would win 2020 and that the COVID-19 second wave was a myth. It’s refreshing that the world is not so predictable.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2020, 11:02:51 AM »

I miss the days of Robert_G, particularly when he categorically stated that Trump would win 2020 and that the COVID-19 second wave was a myth. It’s refreshing that the world is not so predictable.

He's over at FlyBC. Still predicted Trump will win in 2020. Once again, proven wrong. Guess God is not a Trump fan either ;D

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2020, 12:50:10 PM »

He's over at FlyBC. Still predicted Trump will win in 2020. Once again, proven wrong. Guess God is not a Trump fan either ;D

Sort of an irony given what he said about the Flybc moderators here. Of course like those who are carrying signs and sidearms they think it was all due to cheating and fraud. Will they ever sort this out down there? One Trump supporter I saw interviewed hosted his assault style riffle for the network TV camera and said the US is due for a 2nd civil war.

GordJ

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2020, 01:44:07 PM »

I miss the days of Robert_G,
You’re a sick motherxxxxxxxx. Do you watch Tucker Carlson just for the laughs? Wish that your teeth would rot and cause agonizing pain? Never cut your toenails and buy your shoes 2 sizes too small? Eat sesame snaps for the seeds under your plate? Undo your leaders by pulling the end before you undo all the wraps? Don’t start your outboard in the spring until you’re on the water in front of a full campground with a brisk wind blowing to shore?

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2020, 03:45:46 PM »

Yeah but despite knowing a second wave was coming nothing was done to prevent it even in Canada.

Atlest if you thought it’s a myth you would have an excuse what’s Canada’s?

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2020, 04:38:55 PM »

I miss the days of Robert_G...
Surely you don't :o It was like talking to a very hostile brick wall.