Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inflatable Motor Mount  (Read 10643 times)

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
Inflatable Motor Mount
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:51:43 AM »

Hello,

I was at Buntzen last night and saw a couple of people on a Seahawk 400 inflatable with an electric motor.
Does anyone know where I can find a motor mount to fit this boat? I've been desparately looking around the market for a motor mount to fit my boat since May. :-\

My boat is a 2006 model.

ThX.

Easywater

• Old Timer
Re: Inflatable Motor Mount
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:27:13 AM »

I made one for my Seahawk.

I posted a pic of it on another board: http://fishbcforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21770&hl=inflatable

Zpg

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:55:57 AM »

Hello,

I was at Buntzen last night and saw a couple of people on a Seahawk 400 inflatable with an electric motor.
Does anyone know where I can find a motor mount to fit this boat? I've been desparately looking around the market for a motor mount to fit my boat since May. :-\

My boat is a 2006 model.

ThX.

I have a 10' Intex inflatable which is very similar to the Seahawk. When I was looking for my motor mount I had to order it from the States but recently I saw one at Canadian Tire. If you can't find one there, here is a link in the US: http://www.qualityinflatables.com/68625.html

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

RainbowMan

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 11:03:34 PM »

Thanks folks for the info. This product is Sold Out on the us website. :(
I was thinking of a local place where I can order a custom-built motor mount. Does anybody know of any place in the lower mainland?

Replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

shawn_john

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 10:40:09 AM »

i bought the motor mount at canadian tire i forget the amount but it worked good for having a 30lb thrust motor on it. there are 2 styles they have there one for the newer boats and the older models just have to get the one that fits your boat.

gheart008

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 02:45:47 PM »

Hello,

My boat is a 2006 model.

ThX.

That wasn't me (although I was out on the 7th), but I have the exact same setup.  Bought the boat and mount from eBay.

Mount: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140109811890&rd=1&rd=1

He only ships to the states however, so I had it shipped to Point Roberts and picked it up myself.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 02:58:53 PM by gheart008 »

RainbowMan

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 08:51:07 AM »

Thanks for the image.
The problem with my boat is that those motor mount fixtures do not exist on my boat and I'll have to use a longer alominum support to attach the mount to the paddle fixtures. The motor mount that Canadian Tire is selling is coming with a short support (exactly like yours) so I'll still have to get a longer alominum support...

gheart008

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 11:44:11 AM »

Thanks for the image.
The problem with my boat is that those motor mount fixtures do not exist on my boat and I'll have to use a longer alominum support to attach the mount to the paddle fixtures. The motor mount that Canadian Tire is selling is coming with a short support (exactly like yours) so I'll still have to get a longer alominum support...

Then you don't have the 2006 model, you have the 2007.  Mine's the 2006 model which has the motor mount support.  The 2007 model doesn't come with the motor mount support which is what you have.  You'd have to find a custom solution to retrofit something onto yours. 

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 03:43:41 PM »

Sounds like a job for duct tape. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

RainbowMan

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 04:23:51 PM »

Hmmmm....

Yeah. But it's kind of odd. I bought this boat before Christmas in Portland. The box says 2006...
Anyways... It's going to be a duct tape job, as you said.

Pepsi-Man

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 02:36:46 AM »

There are two places you can go buy a motor mount that will fit the Seahawk (or any inflatable that has motor mounts)

1) Army & Navy at Downtown Hastings, their price is $69.99

or

2) Army & Navy Surplus at Broadway Between Commercial and Clark, their price is $84.99

People don't know about Army & Navy (Downtown), but they have a great selection of fishing gear and at great pricing (The original discount store).  I go there to get my fishing supplies.

I bought a Seahawk Sport (Canadian version of the 400) back in 2004 and was looking for a motor mount for it for years.  but I couldn't bring myself to spend $84.99 for a mount until I went to Army & Navy.  I made a self made one but it wasn't very good and was afraid it might rip the slots of the mount off.

They mount works great, I have a 1.2 HP motor and a trolling motor.  Pushes the boat great. The mount is for a Seyvor Inflatable, but it works universal with any motor mount with the two holes in the back and any oar mounts that are near the back.

If you want a cheaper price then I would recommend if you had the chance to head to Walmart down the states and get one for $39.99 USD.  But they don't usually have it in stock or sell out quite quickly. Walmart Canada doesn't stock it and won't ever. (Try Ebay, sell for $15 ~ $30, but shipping is around $15~$25 not to mention customs, wasn't worth it back in 2004 cause exchange rate was $0.67)

The boat and mount are rated to go up to 3hp.  If you going to put that much power, I recommend putting some sort of front bra in the front bottom, it goes very fast and debre can cut the bottom.

I've taken my inflatable up Indian Arm for a day trip. (2 hours there and back).  But you can only use Electric Motors on Lakes, cause gas isn't healthy for Lakes.

It's great for Deer Lake, Burnaby Lake, Butzan, etc... (Check the boating restrictions on some lakes.  Some allow motors and some don't)

gheart008

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 06:19:55 PM »

There are two places you can go buy a motor mount that will fit the Seahawk (or any inflatable that has motor mounts)

1) Army & Navy at Downtown Hastings, their price is $69.99

or

2) Army & Navy Surplus at Broadway Between Commercial and Clark, their price is $84.99

People don't know about Army & Navy (Downtown), but they have a great selection of fishing gear and at great pricing (The original discount store).  I go there to get my fishing supplies.

I bought a Seahawk Sport (Canadian version of the 400) back in 2004 and was looking for a motor mount for it for years.  but I couldn't bring myself to spend $84.99 for a mount until I went to Army & Navy.  I made a self made one but it wasn't very good and was afraid it might rip the slots of the mount off.

They mount works great, I have a 1.2 HP motor and a trolling motor.  Pushes the boat great. The mount is for a Seyvor Inflatable, but it works universal with any motor mount with the two holes in the back and any oar mounts that are near the back.

If you want a cheaper price then I would recommend if you had the chance to head to Walmart down the states and get one for $39.99 USD.  But they don't usually have it in stock or sell out quite quickly. Walmart Canada doesn't stock it and won't ever. (Try Ebay, sell for $15 ~ $30, but shipping is around $15~$25 not to mention customs, wasn't worth it back in 2004 cause exchange rate was $0.67)

The boat and mount are rated to go up to 3hp.  If you going to put that much power, I recommend putting some sort of front bra in the front bottom, it goes very fast and debre can cut the bottom.

I've taken my inflatable up Indian Arm for a day trip. (2 hours there and back).  But you can only use Electric Motors on Lakes, cause gas isn't healthy for Lakes.

It's great for Deer Lake, Burnaby Lake, Butzan, etc... (Check the boating restrictions on some lakes.  Some allow motors and some don't)

you should read the thread before posting.  As mentioned, Canadian tire sells it too, but the problem is the stock motor mount won't fit on his boat since he doesn't have the mounts.

Pepsi-Man

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 06:38:21 PM »

Ah... My bad, I thought he didn't have the mount for the short motor mount.

But I do believe that the one I mention can fit on those that don't have the back mount, it will work on any mount that has an oar mount.

It has an adjustable length to support any length oar mount.

Here's a link to show what it looks like.

http://www.amazon.com/Sevylor-Motor-Mount-MM3/dp/B0000AY0HF

RainbowMan

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 04:30:31 PM »

Thanks for the info, Pepsi-Man.

The last time I was at Army & Navy (N. West location), I found the folks working at the Marine Dept. very unhelpful. They basically didn't have any knowledge about boats, electric motors, even oars and paddles. But I've never been to the downtown store before. I was able to find some mounts on different websites which are specifically designed and built for my boat but they are all sold-out :(

Good opportunity for local manufacturers though  ;)