Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can anyone recomend a reel repair-man?  (Read 2632 times)

Colorado Grinner

• never enough
Can anyone recomend a reel repair-man?
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:33:45 PM »

My level-wind kept freezing on me today >:(.I think it needs a maintenance tune-up.Does anybody know someone between Maple Ridge and Mission? Thanks. 

Zach

• Fishing Photo's
Re: Can anyone recomend a reel repair-man?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:43:25 PM »

I don't no a repair man, but when my level wind acts up on me, I just bring it down to the local tackle shop and they fix it up for me.

Float Drowner

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:01:36 PM »

You can try Mike's Reel Repair.  Here is the website with directions etc.  They are located out by the Abbotsford airport.
Mike's Reel Repair
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 08:05:12 PM by Float Drowner »
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:09:31 PM »

Rich's reel repair in Maple Ridge on selkirk. I will try to find the number or just pop into Hatch matchers they have his business card.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Colorado Grinner

• never enough
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 08:26:41 PM »

Thanks for getting back to me,                                                                                                                                                                                                           I stopped in at hatch matcher tonight on my way home,he couldn't find any #s at the time.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:43:58 PM »

Thanks for getting back to me,                                                                                                                                                                                                           I stopped in at hatch matcher tonight on my way home,he couldn't find any #s at the time.

will post it in the morning as I have his card in my car.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 02:41:09 AM »

There's also Russ at Stryker Rod and Reel in Surrey, Kevin at Express Reel Service in Chilliwack. If you cannot go outside of Maple Ridge/Mission, the best option would be to bring it to a tacklestore, which will ship the reel to one of these repair services for you.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 09:33:30 AM »

I would suggest Ken at Express Reel Service as he donated a lot to the recent Steelhead Derby. Its always good to support those who support you.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 10:17:08 AM »

Rich's reel repair. 604-466-1660