Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bradley Propane Smoker  (Read 3699 times)

Suther

Bradley Propane Smoker
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:40:20 PM »

Anyone use one of these guys?

They are only $200, and seem to be a pretty good size. I havn't seen one in person, I only just found out they existed a few minutes ago... They advertise them as something for on the boat or when camping, but I dont see why I couldn't use it in my backyard...

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
Re: Bradley Propane Smoker
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:55:01 PM »

I also saw they make a new electric counter top size at wholesale sports ! also $199
looked interesting to!

Suther

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/product/2-rack-compact-smoker/

The countertop model looks decent enough, but the propane one has a much larger cooking area.

That said, more looking on the internet and Im not sure if the propane model is even made anymore??

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »

Suther e-mail them.... as there just down off river road in Delta and ask them if they have been discontinued ! maybe they have some still or scratch and dents.

I might waite to buy the counter top 1 when Canadian tire carries them as they always put them on sale 3 or 4 x a year

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »

Too bad it is propane and not natural gas.  I have a T hook up on my deck, one line to my BBQ and another to my patio heater.  Most of the time I don't use the patio, it would be nice to run a line to an gas smoker.

Suther

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 09:58:06 AM »

Too bad it is propane and not natural gas.  I have a T hook up on my deck, one line to my BBQ and another to my patio heater.  Most of the time I don't use the patio, it would be nice to run a line to an gas smoker.

Yeah that would be sweet. Although it would also defeat the "portable" aspect,  at which point might as well go electric.

Suther

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »

Still havn't found anything about the propane smoker. Too bad...

The two-rack compact smoker is on sale at Sea-Run for $189 right now though, not too shabby of a price, although a big chief is only $140.... Oh the dilemma!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »

Still havn't found anything about the propane smoker. Too bad...

The two-rack compact smoker is on sale at Sea-Run for $189 right now though, not too shabby of a price, although a big chief is only $140.... Oh the dilemma!

2 racks is too small, I have a digital 6 rack Bradley but I would never have one with less than 4 racks. Don't settle when it comes to a smoker

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Suther

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »

2 racks is too small, I have a digital 6 rack Bradley but I would never have one with less than 4 racks. Don't settle when it comes to a smoker

Yeah I haven't seen one in person yet but in the adds they look like a big toaster oven...

Has anyone actually used one yet? They any good? Or is the size really that much of a problem?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:05 PM »

I looked at one the other day at Canadian tire and they are pretty much the size of a toaster oven but one the positive they would be perfect for smoking small quantities of fish or if you wanted to have a smoker for your regular meals like roasts, ribs or pork then this would be perfect. I used my full sized Bradley the other day for 3 chicken breast and they only took up 3/4 of one rack. This smaller smoker would of been the perfect size.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day