Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1346093 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1995 on: January 02, 2016, 11:11:04 PM »

9 year old video, not current. :o ::) :-[
And there has been no anti-fish-farmer still that can answer the simple question, when has salmon farming killed wild salmon in BC or Washington? I think now they should just be called dodgers lol. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:14:52 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1996 on: January 03, 2016, 06:26:39 AM »

And there has been no anti-fish-farmer still that can answer the simple question, when has salmon farming killed wild salmon in BC or Washington? I think now they should just be called dodgers lol.
Dodgers, I love The Los Angles Dodgers even when they were in Brooklyn. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1997 on: January 03, 2016, 06:27:53 AM »

Not unlike most of the anti-fish farm rhetoric.
Glad you are back.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1998 on: January 03, 2016, 11:30:07 AM »

Dodgers, I love The Los Angles Dodgers even when they were in Brooklyn. ;D ;D ;D
Bob, you must remember, Chris always wanted to be a politician.  Even though I don't believe he ever ran for office, he was a campaign manager for a local politician who went on be a rather famous MLA.  Chris learned from this man (whom he now despises) the art of deflecting questions when the answers don't agree with your agenda ;)
Give it another try Chris; answer Bob's question.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1999 on: January 03, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »

Bob, you must remember, Chris always wanted to be a politician.  Even though I don't believe he ever ran for office, he was a campaign manager for a local politician who went on be a rather famous MLA.  Chris learned from this man (whom he now despises) the art of deflecting questions when the answers don't agree with your agenda ;)
Give it another try Chris; answer Bob's question.
I donot despise anyone, just disagree at times with what people do and say, like on this thread. ;D ;D ;D

(I was not a campaign manager by the way, make sure you get your facts straight  ;D ;D ;D)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2001 on: January 03, 2016, 03:49:44 PM »

http://www.farmedanddangerous.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/salmon-farming-factsheet.pdf

Love the references  ;)
Sorry, I thought you told me you were the CM for our esteemed MLA.  Apologies, as even you can't be that (pick a word) ;D ;D ;D

And again, nice deflection. Bob, trust me, he will never answer the question as a truthful answer would end this argument once and for all.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2002 on: January 03, 2016, 05:55:24 PM »

Love the references  ;)
Sorry, I thought you told me you were the CM for our esteemed MLA.  Apologies, as even you can't be that (pick a word) ;D ;D ;D

And again, nice deflection. Bob, trust me, he will never answer the question as a truthful answer would end this argument once and for all.
That is Ok, you are aging like a few of us here where remembering facts, of the past are becoming difficult.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2003 on: January 03, 2016, 07:32:29 PM »

If there were better information on the affects of open pen fish farms in BC these type of pompous remarks about fish farming and the posters would be a non issue. But they like to play the field until the facts catch up to them. Then you'll not hear a word from them. Sorry you have to read their drivel Chris. Soon fish farming will be done more sensibly and they will fossilize into the past.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2004 on: January 03, 2016, 07:38:35 PM »

If there were better information on the affects of open pen fish farms in BC these type of pompous remarks about fish farming and the posters would be a non issue. But they like to play the field until the facts catch up to them. Then you'll not hear a word from them. Sorry you have to read their drivel Chris. Soon fish farming will be done more sensibly and they will fossilize into the past.
Perhaps you can answer Bob's question?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2005 on: January 03, 2016, 08:20:07 PM »

Perhaps you can answer Bob's question?

From FB that Dave refuses to read so i have to post things for him. :o

"Walk the beaches of Quadra Island or kayak along the shore of the Discovery Islands or the Johnstone straight and it is disgusting the garbage that litters the shoreline.....when on my old charter boat I would scoop and haul where ever we went....The Quadra Island Earth Day Beach Clean-up organized by the Q I Chapter of the Sierra Club hauled dump truck loads full ..... check out the garbage from the aquaculture industry ... the piss pharms , and oyster farms who are without a doubt , are the main polluters, AND who cleaned it up .... the environmentally aware.... This industry has got to go !

https://youtu.be/R7xiR1Z5ZNI

And coming soon.

The Wild Salmon Protection Act to be introduced this year.

The Wild Salmon Protection Act (Bill C-225, formerly C-518) would require fish farms operating on BC's coast to transition from harmful open-net fish farms to safe closed containment systems.

BC's wild salmon stocks are in a vulnerable state. By moving fish farms to closed containment, we protect our wild stocks from sea lice, pollutants and other harmful substances that inevitably disseminate from open-net fish farms.

The future of BC aquaculture is closed containment. The technology exists, it is economically feasible, and the prospective jobs and economic opportunities for British Columbians are immense.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2006 on: January 03, 2016, 08:42:39 PM »

So now you post a 5 year old clip?  You’ve had 3 opportunities in one day to explain the whys and wherefores of what you believe but you’ve delivered jack squat; don’t worry Chris, I’ll put you out of your misery and won’t ask again as I know you can’t answer Bob’s question without embarrassing your cause. 
Perhaps troutbreath will bail you out as the question is now to him ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2008 on: January 04, 2016, 05:49:12 PM »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2009 on: January 04, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »

Looks like Santa was good to them. :o ::)

http://www.marineharvest.ca/about/news-and-media/container2015/29-dec-2015/
You appear surprised or shocked about this certification ... why?