Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1346140 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1710 on: November 23, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »

Video I filmed at yesterday's rally, we are making a difference. ;D ;D

https://youtu.be/OeKXxy-JFJg

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1711 on: November 23, 2015, 10:57:30 AM »

Chris, you should realize by now you are just a pimp for Gardener’s agenda and his war on salmon farms in BC.  How about inviting him to this forum where a few of us can debate him directly as to why he boycotts a store that sells imported Chilean and Norwegian salmon, which have nothing at all to do with the BC salmon farms he dislikes … Perhaps he could explain his fence sitting on the recent gravel extraction on the Fraser River by his fellow FN bands, a project you personally were very negatively vocal about. He might also have a few comments on the yearly overfishing of early run chinooks in the Fraser Canyon by his FN brothers.

Rather than me and a few others taking out our disgust on you for his antics, he could man up and answer for himself.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1712 on: November 23, 2015, 02:39:51 PM »

Chris, you should realize by now you are just a pimp for Gardener’s agenda and his war on salmon farms in BC.  How about inviting him to this forum where a few of us can debate him directly as to why he boycotts a store that sells imported Chilean and Norwegian salmon, which have nothing at all to do with the BC salmon farms he dislikes … Perhaps he could explain his fence sitting on the recent gravel extraction on the Fraser River by his fellow FN bands, a project you personally were very negatively vocal about. He might also have a few comments on the yearly overfishing of early run chinooks in the Fraser Canyon by his FN brothers.

Rather than me and a few others taking out our disgust on you for his antics, he could man up and answer for himself.
Dedicated to Dave from yesterday great rally ;D ;D ;D  https://youtu.be/T5EpSP6uTcs

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1713 on: November 23, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »

Well from what I saw you didn't get much of a response from the shoppers ::)
So, will you ask Eddy to come on this forum to discuss his agenda?  Promise to be respectful ;)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1714 on: November 23, 2015, 03:46:41 PM »

What are Eddies credentials that make him an expert on this subject Chris? Did you misplace your fanfair some where for your vid?  Feeble at best. Nothing new to learn there at all :(
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:08:27 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1715 on: November 23, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »

Well from what I saw you didn't get much of a response from the shoppers ::)
So, will you ask Eddy to come on this forum to discuss his agenda?  Promise to be respectful ;)
To busy for that as we all know the PAPG has answers for everything as I have found out over the years. ;D ;D ;D

I can handle keeping you boys in line. :D :D :D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1716 on: November 23, 2015, 04:27:35 PM »

The only answer you have put forth is the inability to answer a question. Seems you are far to busy these days posting junk-scientific evidence that farmed salmon in BC have been detrimental to wild salmon to educate the public. Drums and hearsay do not work for me these days or others which shows in the lack of an audience in your video. Time to get out of the dark ages Chris. What good is a teacher that will not answer a students question? I feel your link is just another American funded propaganda watch at best.
I can handle keeping a watchful eye on you lol :)
Can you post a link to PAPG Chris. This just seems to pop up when I look for it.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PAPG
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 05:56:43 PM by Fisherbob »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1717 on: November 23, 2015, 06:09:35 PM »

Did a Google search on Mr. Gardner ... one would think with these credentials he wouldn't shy away from a respectful debate on salmon farming in BC here on FWR

http://www.theprogress.com/community/269998211.html

https://www.ufv.ca/arc/elders-in-residence/elder-eddie-gardner-/

Come out from behind the drums Eddy and let's talk.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1718 on: November 23, 2015, 06:37:19 PM »

Did a Google search on Mr. Gardner ... one would think with these credentials he wouldn't shy away from a respectful debate on salmon farming in BC here on FWR

http://www.theprogress.com/community/269998211.html

https://www.ufv.ca/arc/elders-in-residence/elder-eddie-gardner-/

Come out from behind the drums Eddy and let's talk.
He has done lots of talking in the vid's and if you would use FB (Salmon are Sacred) you would find more answers to your questions but I understand you and a few others are so entreched in your views nothing anyone could say would change your points of view. 

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1719 on: November 23, 2015, 06:55:05 PM »

He has done lots of talking in the vid's and if you would use FB (Salmon are Sacred) you would find more answers to your questions but I understand you and a few others are so entreched in your views nothing anyone could say would change your points of view.
That would include the pasersby in your video Chris LOL. People are getting tired of non answers and a general lack of science from the anti-fishfarm crusaders. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1720 on: November 23, 2015, 07:44:09 PM »

That would include the pasersby in your video Chris LOL. People are getting tired of non answers and a general lack of science from the anti-fishfarm crusaders. :)
We will see what the new goverment will do in the months ahead,  we will not give up and keep your posts and links coming.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1721 on: November 23, 2015, 08:01:36 PM »

Who is entrenched? :o You're totally predictable and obviously have nothing new to add.  Bring on Eddy.

salmonrook

« Reply #1722 on: November 23, 2015, 08:06:27 PM »

Agree on what the new government will do , its about time that we get a younger generation(no offence to any) in on this and the new libs are just the ticket.
It's mentioned 'getting out of the dark ages ' in a previous post. That's funny because there was nothing darker than the muzzling of science and the old boys network of business from the previous conservative govt.
  And talking about junk science, while some science would be good, not NO science like it has been, which several people would like.
'Move along folks, nothing to see here "

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1723 on: November 23, 2015, 08:18:30 PM »

I feel it is the self inflicted blindness to science and the gullible influence of bunk science that is the problem here. The entrenched inability to answer a question proves that. :)   

http://www.farmfreshsalmon.org/how-dishonest-fictional-%E2%80%9Cdocumentary%E2%80%9D-salmon-confidential
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:43:42 PM by Fisherbob »

salmonrook

« Reply #1724 on: November 24, 2015, 12:09:56 AM »

Depending on your side the "self inflicted blindness to science " from one side is actually the info from 'farmfreshsalmon.org' which from the critics side could be seen as 'bunk science' or out of context ,slanted to make the farms look good .
 There is clearly lots of evidence from other countries and regions about the effects of salmon farming  on the environment .I feel that the self inflicted blindness comes from the industry side because they know it will effect the bottom line .
 Its funny that they concentrate on 1 critic and ignore all the other worldwide studies and good science available.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:35:28 AM by salmonrook »